Delinquencer - A sequencer but with a mind of its own

Excellent, just spotted your post. So it certainly sounds like there is a bug in my code and its not looking at the devices settings parameter (I wonder if its not reading it or if its hard-coded somewhere)

I’ll put a pot of strong coffee on the stove to wake myself up and see if I can see what’s wrong. Thanks for the feedback, really appreciated.

Kind Regards
Kevin.

1 Like

I’ve used Delinquencer with an NTS-1 as MIDI device 2, without issues. I usually have OP-Z as device 1, but maybe I haven’t tried it as a device for Delinquencer, now that i think of it. Both are connected to norns directly, I’ll try to see if I can help debugging on the code side of things.

OK folks, I think I have fixed it :slight_smile:
Thanks to SPIKE, xmacex and kcpaul for helping me track this one down.

So Github has been updated to version 2.2.0.

If you delete your Delinquencer folder in Maiden and pull another copy from the command line:
;install https://github.com/kevinlindley/delinquencer`

Also the Delinquencer parameters screen now shows the device name rather than just the device number so this makes it easy to see what you are connecting the Delinquencer to,

Screen

Fingers, crossed, all should be good, I would appreciate it if someone could give it a try so I can properly close this issue and mark it as resolved.

Apologies for any inconvenience caused … I’ll kick my Beta Tester now for not finding this … (Ouch !)

Kind Regards
Kevin.

1 Like

Kevin

Thanks for the quick repair. Reinstalling now.

Best,
Kevin

1 Like

AWESOME!
Thank you!!!

i’ll update everything later tonight. :stuck_out_tongue:

once i got it working last night i dove into the noiz with Delinquencer!

it’s controlling a Virus B as well as the internal noiz using Bass 2.
some help with the scripts @Olivier Compass and @dan_derks Cheat Codes 2.
other noiz generated by the Opera Rotas and an MBase11.

1 Like

Excellent, glad it all sprung into life.

(I really must get myself and Access Virus Synth).

Like the visuals too, are you into the Visual Synth Modular world ?

Thanks for posting, always great when I see my scripts being used by others.

Kind Regards
Kevin.

1 Like

Thanks!

i really dove into the videosynth realm over the past few years.
the explosion of video doodads has also helped with generating all sorts of eye candy as well. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

does this support crow v/oct and gate out? would love to try this to sequence my modular…

2 Likes

Hi,

Sorry not currently.

Unfortunately I don’t have a crow so I have no way of implementing this and testing it :frowning:
If I manage to get a crow second hand I may add it but they very rarely come up for sale on ebay and I just can’t afford to buy a new one.

If you have a standard Midi to CV such as a Dopefer A-190-* or a Mutable Instruments Yarns then Delinquencer can drive that for CV and Gate to let it loose with your Modular.

Kind Regards
Kevin.

1 Like

No worries. Thanks for the reply! I’m working on getting a midi-cv solution so hopefully will be able to jam out with delinquencer soon.

1 Like

@Klindley I can’t see this script in maiden. Am I missing something?

Hi,

Installation

1. From maiden:
    ;install https://github.com/kevinlindley/delinquencer
  2. Power Off and On to install the new Engine provided.

I have now added the script to the norns community script, so soon it should automatically be listed in maiden.

Kind Regards
Kevin.

1 Like

Great, thanks Kevin! Looking forward to exploring it