Disquier Junto Project 0416: Time Laps

This started with a couple of square wave tones from the Korg Monotron Delay; improvising with the cutoff and feedback knobs (and at one point, accidentally, the LFO interval). I improvised against the reversed first track with my electric guitar through some distortion, a phaser and a reverb. This was then reversed and accompanied by a piano-like patch on the Arturia Pigments synth. At the end I couldn’t help but Paulstretch the reversed result (again, half speed being the best speed even if slightly against the rules…).

2 Likes

Three reversed layers of Ableton’s Wavetable with some basic FX.

2 Likes

disquiet0416
Secrets About Time Laps
• Key: A melodic minor BPM: 120 Time signature: 4/4 DAW: Reaper
• Instruments:
• Plug-ins: NI Massive X, Helm, Synister
• Recorded one take of synister then reversed it
• Recorded one take of helm then reversed it
• Recorded one take of massive x then reversed it
• Length: 3 minutes 34 seconds

1 Like

I threw this together quickly - recorded a bit with trumpet, trying to fade in and out in a way that would mask the beginning and end of notes when reversed. (Didn’t succeed but that’s ok). Reversed it. Added organ. Reversed both of those. Added accordion. Reversed everything.

Did a little mixing magic - tried to make the trumpet sound like Spaceheads, so I added a dab of flange and reverb to make its entrances more majestic.

The organ and accordion I panned on opposite sides and then processed with the same echo and flanger to unify them.

Put tape simulation on everything (couldn’t get my nice microphone to cooperate with the computer, so I figured I would go in the opposite, lo-fi direction).

1 Like