Disquiet Junto & friends meet up in Montréal

Over on the Disquiet Junto Slack the idea of meeting up in this summer sprang into life. Then Montréal resident @studiodc came up with a venue, and now it’s happening.

On Sunday, June 23rd, Junto members are meeting up at an event space in Montréal. During the day we thought we’d show each other what we’re up to, discuss music making, play a bit for each other, and with each other. In the evening, for those that want to, we’ll play a line up of sets, open to the public. There might be some impromptu hastily-led improv as well.

So far, we number about a half dozen. Most are coming in a day or two before - so there will be some park walking, cafes, and food to get to know each other on Saturday. Who knows - maybe even work on that week’s Junto…

We’re excited to meet each other outside of cyberspace, connecting socially and musically.

If you’re interested in joining us, we’d love to have you! If you decide to come, please let us know so we can plan better - and keep you abreast of details as the firm up: DM me (@mzero): name & e-mail & dates you’ll be there (even if approx.).

12 Likes

Not sure I can make it, but I’m gonna try.

1 Like

Bump: We are just about two months out from this event. Things are shaping up nicely, we have a core group confirmed, and beginning to do some planning.

It’s is open to the whole llllllll.co community - and anyone who’d like to spend a day or two meeting face to face with other musicians. If you’d like to join us, please DM me.

2 Likes

Update: We’ll be putting on a public concert in the evening, and already have a solid line up - though more may be added:

Yes, those are community members: @emenel, @simondemeule, @maxijazz, and myself (@mzero) on bill!

Sunday, June 23rd
8pm, $5 suggested
Cabaret Berlin
1661 Rue Sainte-Catherine Est.
Montréal, QC

There’s a FB event page for this as well.

11 Likes

I need to make more accounts so I can :heart: this more.

3 Likes

Looking forward to meeting you all!

3 Likes

That’s usually a pretty crazy week in Montreal (St-Jean Baptiste, etcetera) and we were planning to hide out in the Townships for a bit, but I’m going to do my level-headed best to be around. :pray:

4 Likes