Disquiet Junto Project 0326: Wave Turntable

hi folks, loved this week’s project,
some field recording and sampled needle noise, mixed with some mangled sine waves.
all iOS
various apps used:
DroneO
Hexaglyphics
Dedalus
Dubfilter
Reverb FDN
Discord4
Eos2
Fieldscaper
Gliderverb
ApeDelay
Dubstation
Kosmonaut
running on Honolulu time this week!
:slight_smile:
Jason

Phenomenal turnout this week. This is a reminder/request to set your SoundCloud tracks to be downloadable, so they can be used at the event in San Francisco this coming Saturday. Thanks!

Thanks for the reminder! This is a step that I forgot :slight_smile:

Sadly, I blew right past the due date this week (apologies). But I enjoyed the process of recording and putting the piece together, so I thought I’d finish it up and post, despite being way late on the day.

I used a contact mic to capture the record surface noise, on a gem of a find from my grandfather’s old vinyl collection. I also broke out my Casio vz-10m for the sine tones - a synth that has been sitting around my desk, unused and neglected, for awhile now. (More details are in the SoundCloud description.)

It felt good to resurrect a couple of older things, and delve into forgotten details in service of making music this week. This was really a fun one to do.

https://soundcloud.com/bellyfullofstars/wellesley-tupelo-disquiet0326-waveturntable

Two vinyl click samples, two sine-based noises (sine modulated sine waves), a sine bass and a sine theme. Maybe a little too conventional …

Obviously too late to be a serious contribution to disquiet0326, but disquiet gave the inspiration - which I’m thankful for.