Disquiet Junto Project 0330: Wax Off

Whoops, I didn’t read the Junto instructions properly.

However, the error seems to fit the theme.

When looking for a track to erase, I settled on ‘Lame Brain’ from Junto 322.

I figured I’d erase the MIDI viola and cello, then use the original guitar parts.

When I opened the project file I found I’d erased the guitar parts.

As a result, I went back to the recording and created a new arrangement.

It’s about a minute shorter than the original, which is probably for the better.

4 Likes

It’s been a while… more that that, I guess?
However, I still read and often listen to the projects as they occur, so I feel I’m still a part of this great community. 330 phew, that’s an accomplishment!
This time I had to participate, and it so happened that I had Monday off, Yihaw!
I reworked a recent piece - this; https://soundcloud.com/rizzi/hvac-drone-slide-and-a-little-piano
It is what the title suggests, field recordings from my trip to Japan last fall, and a little leftover piano bits from another composition.
I’ve been thinking about how to go about the task of erasing sound since receiving the email.
I decided to try with M4L´s Spectral filter, and it did exactly what I thought it would. I then tried a bunch of other stuff, but kept going back to the beginning, so I left it at that, as it did what I wanted.
https://soundcloud.com/rizzi/disquiet0330-hvac-drone-slide-and-a-little-piano-rauchenberg-erased

2 Likes

I like this a lot…haunting and strange - in a good way!

2 Likes

Very nice indeed. Like your approach as well as the results you achieved.

1 Like

Soundcloud doesn’t work… I lost my account. the tracks of @beckmesser and @morgulbee are missing too

1 Like

Hmmm, hope it’s just a temporary glitch. At the moment all my tracks at Soundcloud are gone.

1 Like

@SYS2064 @morgulbee When you say the tracks are gone, what do you mean? I see them currently. The playlist as of a couple minutes ago is in this screenshot, and you’re both in there:

1 Like

now it works :slight_smile:

1 Like

Whew. Glad to hear it. Thanks.

1 Like

night silence interacting with wild wind, mixed environments
creating the space

3 Likes

I took “Sixty Four”, made of a piano loop, and a trumpet sequence played by a Modular G2, an OP-1 (trumpet sample took from Fairlight) and a Nord Electro 5D with several delays. I kept everything the same, song lenght, efx, sounds, sequences… I erased any note variation.
I made a simple Max4Live device in order to transform a multi notes sequence in a single note one.

3 Likes

I had weird issues today with Soundcloud as well.
I ended up with dual tracks, so I deleted one of them, might be the one in the playlist you made, Mark?

Thanks. I believe that all the Junto tracks on SoundCloud with the disquiet0330 tag are now in the playlist. This is the search return:

https://soundcloud.com/search?q=disquiet0330

Perfect, that’s the right one… thanks

1 Like

Super. Thanks for having checked.

The “finished” track was actually an old unfinished Junto track: 0160 - One Minute Past Midnight. I declared it finished then made my erasures with gates and filters.

There’s also a music video by @betsynagler

3 Likes

Thanks a lot, and sorry for the delayed response.

1 Like