Disquiet Junto Project 0332: Lucky Numbers

Sounds more like the lottery was rigged :rofl:

@George_Smyth a wonderful relaxing pentatonic piece, really enjoyed listening

Nice, that Roland sounds great. :tada:

10 28 21 72 49 (Italy, Milan, Thursday Lotto, 10/05/2018).
I used different step sequencers: 10 28 21 49 pattern lengths for different sounds, the number 72 was discarded, altought I think is present somewhere :slight_smile:
All sounds are coming from Axoloti, processed through an Analog Heat. Custom patch wrote from scratch and can be downloaded here. Recorded on cassette.

The Belgian “Lotto” has six numbers and one “extra number”. The most recent numbers were 9, 13, 16, 17, 25, 37 (24).

My goal was to make this as mechanical and automatic as possible, without any influence of musical taste or skill. To achieve this, I created six midi channels in Ableton and filled them as follows:

• CH1: I made a six beat clip for drums, representing six-bit binary numbers (which is enough to get to 37, the highest number). I then converted all numbers to binary and allocated them to separate percussion instruments (a 1 is a hit, a 0 is silence). As 24 is an “extra” number, I added it only two out of four repetitions of the rhythm.
  • CH2: I made a six note midi clip for a bass synth, adding the numbers as midi note numbers in the order presented. I then shifted the whole thing up a couple octaves so all notes were audible.
  • CH3: I copied CH2, made it faster and transposed it up a couple more octaves
  • CH4: I added midi note number 24, the extra note, as a constant droning note. I transposed this up a couple of octaves too
  • CH5: I made a three bar midi clip in 16th notes, and added a sound effect to counts 9, 13, etc.
  • CH6: I made a slow midi clip for drums, using the midi note numbers to hit six percussion instruments in sequence.
  • I then set the sends to the inverse (negative value) of each number from left to right for reverb and from right to left for delay (so CH1 has a reverb send of -9db, for instance)
  • I then copied all clips to the arrangement view. The clip for CH1 will play for 9 bars, and then be absent for 9 bars, then play again, etc. CH2 will do the same in periods of 13 bars, etc.
  • The entire piece is 120 bars long, because that’s a multiple of 24 and I had to end it somewhere.

Cool:cowboy_hat_face:

Here’s mine: https://soundcloud.com/plusch/changing-luck-disquiet0332

I used the Michigan Keno numbers from Fri, May 11, 2018:
6 8 10 11 12 15 16 27 28 29 34 37 40 44 45 51 56 62 67 68 72 78

I used different modulos (4, 5, and 11) on the list, and entered the results into various parameters (scale step, key select, velocity) of BlueARP. A C major 7th chord (C, E, G, B) activated BlueARP, which drove various custom Zebra patches. I arranged the pieces in Bitwig and applied EQ, reverb, compression, and normalization.

Mine neither. SAD FACE.

Pro 77 is a great number. Cool Process to get a “Chance”

Thanks for sharing! I like the analog value the tape adds.

Creative use of the “extra” number value.

What a cool name “Robin Hood Lottery”! The use of the reverb, it feels like the space is moving around you.

What a complex but simplistic tactic. Pro!

Thank you. I love looking at scores, I try to play the pretty ones.

Si! Denver is where I have been since landing on earth.