Disquiet Junto Project 0373: Copernican Music

pitch and patterns

Not sure if Aliens can percieve pitch or at what range. Hopefully they would be able to interpert this short repeating pattern played over different wavelengths and waveforms.

HEART

give it enough of/the right math, and it sounds like talking :wink:

those aliens are going to love it!! I like to move it move it…

This has made my Monday morning much more cosmic.

This playlist is great, I love all the spaced out atmospheres and experimental nature of these submissions.

I really liked this prompt!

Disquiet0373
music

• Sentience

Sentience is the capacity to feel, perceive or experience subjectively. Eighteenth-century philosophers used the concept to distinguish the ability to think from the ability to feel. In modern Western philosophy, sentience is the ability to experience sensations. In Eastern philosophy, sentience is a metaphysical quality of all things that require respect and care. The concept is central to the philosophy of animal rights because sentience is necessary for the ability to suffer, and thus is held to confer certain rights.
http://www.ufos-aliens.co.uk/cosmicspecies.htm

• Creating with Reaper DAW
• Key: C minor     BPM: 200      Time Signature: ¾

Something for the sentient beings wheresoever they be. Based on a Stockhausen-ish algorithmic thing I’ve been working on in Supercollider, with some added processing and a side-chained rattle type noise.

This week I started with the Node generating ap I tried last week and made a face with the generators, played thru with the gravity on and changing note spacing and wave type. I then took this piece and created a Launchpad set up routed thru the line of the Korg SV1 with a forward and reverse of the track along with a few of stock sounds on an iphone. I then played this with a Korg SV1, ROland DJ 808, Roli noise app on ipad, thru the Roland DJ 808. I then added in the music captured from Touch Me device from playtronica. (The video of this experince can be found here youtu.be/Y3GqdMVy1yw)
I then added it to the other items and I hope both alien and human frequency can enjoy! I am so glad I made it in on this one. Oh, and I forgot the vocals were captured with a SM7B.

love this. would also like to hear a longer version, and also a version played by a symphony. super-compelling :slight_smile:

Thank you so much for those very kind words :slight_smile:

Welcome here! :slight_smile:
Lovely composition. I must be a lizard.