Disquiet Junto Project 0431: Solitary Ensembles x 3

The playlist is now rolling:

4 Likes

I took the track Threat by @Krakenkraft, who provided the second layer (disquiet0430) and @MattDavisMusic, who provided the first track (disquiet0429) and added a pulsating, noisy synth layer as the third one.

6 Likes

Thanks! I love your addition to the track and I admire, how delicately respond to the source track with your bass. Great result, I think.

3 Likes

I’m so glad I was able to get set up and jam. I hope everyone is having a glittery day!

I chose to combine 2 tracks. Popgoblin – Disquiet0430-steps-forward-vs-chalkwalk
Chalkwalk-junto – Solitary-ensembles-disquiet0429

Morgulbee – Sweepers-disquiet0430
Fake-genius – Disquiet-0429-sweep

I looped these together with 2 looper chains in Live while using a Roland DJ 808, Akai Rhythm Wolf, Push 2, MIDI fighter. I played a section of the sweep sample on the push using a sampler. These were then looped with the drum programming at varied rates. I then reversed a 4 bar loop with in the looper chain.

7 Likes

Guitar improv into clouds, delay, reverb to try and rockify Murmurer/Untilled sound’s submission from last week Junto. It didnt turn out quite as well as I’d hoped but there are some promising parts. Enjoy!

5 Likes

This is actually my first take, which I instilled some classic modular bleep bloop type sounds using Marbles and plaits. the other two tracks are flipped left and right, not sure why. You can hear me trying out a number of different sounds.

Edit: I don’t know that anybody really cares, but its better to listen to whacky music than endlessly read the news on your phone.

4 Likes

Used the Logic trial for my first entry, which adds on to W:I:L-o´the-wisp]'s duet with Krakenkraft´s Virtual Berlin School. Happened across a lovely tempo-synced, wildly-stereo descending patch which I thought went perfectly with what they’d already done.

6 Likes

Great work guys, thanks for making use of my guitar part!

2 Likes

Me being contrary again. I took https://soundcloud.com/karmicresonance/chewy-tone, which was comprised of my 0430 track with @moduS_ponY 's https://soundcloud.com/moduspony/chewed-tongue-disquiet0429, and added https://soundcloud.com/sityphoxx/heartbeats-disquiet0430 in the middle, which also included https://soundcloud.com/stull/solitary-heartbeat-disquiet0429:

It came out nice.

5 Likes

Previous parts: @nanobozho and @mdh

My random number generator came up with 95, so this one from @nanobozho was the pick. Listening back to the beats, light synths and vocal melody, I thought that a sustained, drifting guitar accompaniment might work well with the music.

I decided to have a go at emulating guitarist Robert Fripp’s ‘Frippertronics’ sound, ala Eno/Fripp’s Evening Star. Without overthinking the process, I settled on what I thought was a passable homage to that eternal, blissed-out sound Fripp gets.

I sent my Telecaster through a chain of three pedals:

• Ibanez Fat Cat distortion (loads of distortion for sustain)
  • Mooer Pitch Box (harmonizing at the 5th interval for a nice double-guitar sound)
  • EHX Memory Man (for tap delays and a loop on the second guitar part.)

There are two guitar tracks mixed in the center of the track. The first is a wandering drift between notes, with plenty of sustain, slides and bending. The second guitar track is a loop I created on the Memory Man of layers of Fripp-ish flutters in the upper register. It’s played back an octave down and in reverse.

4 Likes

[https://soundcloud.com/ohm-research/usce-disquiet0431trio-with-krakenkraft-matthew-thomas-davis]
I did a virtual collaboration with Krakenkraft / Matthew Thomas Davis, adding a recording done with the Arturia synth Pigments and mastered in Ableton.

3 Likes

I’m making a drum part, is it ok for it to have some stereo width or should I make it mono center?

2 Likes

@Calmnesia I guess whatever sounds best with what you’re working on? I tend to pan all my drums, for what it’s worth…

1 Like

The RNG dictated I would complete what ChalkWalk Junto and Tristan Louth-Robins had started. So here it is, for better or for worse: https://soundcloud.com/ymeynard/on-the-cold-ground-disquiet0431

5 Likes

On a normal song I do too but this project has specific rules about panning, so that’s what I’m asking about. If there’s no specific response I’ll just make sure it’s not wide enough to cover up any of the other parts.

1 Like

A random number generator gave me 18 and luckily I had no trouble getting into the vibe set by @Jet and @DeDe. I used a drum program called Drum Computer by Sugar Bytes. It synthesizes drum sounds, lets you do all kinds of sequencing and creates fills automatically. Lots of randomization options. So I tweaked that for a long time, automated some effects and faded things in and out. I just bought the plugin last month so it was nice to sit down and really focus on it, and I think the results are pretty good. Overall the piece makes me think of taking a walk in nice weather with no particular destination, just enjoying it.

4 Likes

hello all

i went straight to the number generator for this project
and im so glad i did
it chose number 90
a beautiful collaboration between two wonderful musicians

Stijn Huwels - Steiner – Magnolia-disquiet0429
and Versoma - Verosoma – Disquiet0430_magnolia-2nd-track

instead of offering 3 tracks i’ll only offer this one
but I did add both a soprano and tenor sax

stay safe
sityphoxx

5 Likes

My lucky random track from Disquiet Solitary Ensembles is Theatlasroom – Bass-drones-drums-disquiet0430 by The Atlas Room [disquiet0430] using Matthew-thomas-davis – Bass-drones as his source track. I tried to create a contrast between the drone and some distinct percussive sounds in free time. Thanks to @theatlasroom and @MattDavisMusic for the awesome source track.

4 Likes

Third part of virtual trio, base tracks were akstuhl’s Andykstuhl – Dispersal-foundry-disquiet0429 and NorthWoods’ North_woods – Disquiet0430.

My track is done on virtual hammond GSI VB3 II. Despite adding some reverb, I have done only some mastering on the track and didn’t alter the original track.

I first tried to add some more noisy electronics but didn’t get results I digged very much. So I moved to some more tonal approach.

Here we go:

5 Likes

Took the already finely blended combination made by @euclidian from the track by @banabila. Somehow it made me think of adding koto sounds, with some reverb to keep its sound separate from what was already there. I also added some low, grainy Buchla sounds to the mid.

6 Likes