Disquiet Junto Project 0472: Jam Time

So here’s my contribution to the jam project. It’s from my folder of orphaned loops, stuff I’ve recorded but not been able to utilise, so hopefully some kind soul out there can offer it a home and introduce it to some new playmates. Thanks :pray:

15 Likes

Bicycle bell, clarinet, hi-hat, magpie (and some other birds)
Pentatonic D-scale

18 Likes

First time in ages I’ve had time to get into the studio - aiming to do a lot more of these this year!

I made a set of synth pads on my modular synth that work in Fm7 or D# at 102 BPM.
Its in stereo - hopefully there is enough space for people to play with - feel free to EQ agressively and strip any frequencies out as needed!

18 Likes

Since I (and most of this community, from what I’ve experienced) usually lean towards very processed electronic things, I decided to record a simple raw melody on my melodica this time.

It isn’t perfect playing but it’s light and melodic and simple enough to be expanded, i think.

(80 bpm, G major. the melodic sections are in 7/4, the chord sections are in 3/4)

13 Likes

Here’s a melody generated in Orca into one instance each of Aalto and Ableton Operator synths. C# Major, panned hard left.

12 Likes

I love this sort of disquiet project. It’s impossible to predict how people will read what you’ve done and what they will have to say. I put this up quickly and then completely forgot to post here… oops. I look forward to hearing what everyone is making.

10 Likes

Distorted sort-of-arpeggiating noise pad derived from shoving a sample through Pitchmap set to shift between D major triad and Em7 chords every 24 seconds. Sample was pitchshifted in the process to give the arpeggiating effect, after which I sent it through Absynth with a blast of waveshaping on every chord change and a truckload of slowly modulating Pipe reverb. (The sample was of me aimlessly strumming a guitar, not that you’d be able to tell.)

7 Likes

voice memo recording clock on the wall and finger snaps

12 Likes

Here is the solo:

It is merely a byproduct of playing around with the Izotope Iris 2 inside a generative Live setup. It should be pretty standard Amajor with 120bpm, but it’s not so sure because the core of the used samples is atonal.

The charme of this track is, that you could leave it as it it, but I think on the other side there is a lot of room for musical additions of all sorts.

10 Likes

I’ve been looking forward to another collab project for awhile. Excited to dive in and see what everyone creates together.

I’ve been doing a lot of learning with vcvrack lately and this is a part of a patch exploring composing with LFOs driving the sequence. I left it pretty raw since it’s the first step in the process, feel free to mangle and manipulate it however you wish. Composed in E minor, 148bpm clock driving some of the delay effects. Here is the video from Omri Cohen that was my starting point. Composing with LFO's in VCV Rack - YouTube

10 Likes

Always excited by telephone game collaboration…

Mono version available if necessary.

11 Likes

Hi all, I’m a bit confused… If I’m up for listening to the above tracks then selecting one to add something to for next week, do I need to submit something for this week also ?

1 Like

Hi. You don’t need to post a track this week in order to do so next week. Each week is its own thing. It’s great if you can, but no problem if you don’t.

2 Likes

Thanks Marc for clarifying :slight_smile:

1 Like

Disquiet0472
Drums Drums Drums
• Key: n/a BPM: 100 Time signature: 4/4 DAW: Reaper
• Instruments: Drums
• Plug-ins: Abbey Road 60’s Drummer, Isotope Ozone 9
• Used the Psychedelic Rock Kit for all 5 parts
• Song contains 5 parts and a short drum solo near the end :slight_smile:

9 Likes

The piano section from the opening track of my next album. Curious to see what anyone does with it.

12 Likes

:slightly_smiling_face: cool sounds

1 Like

I reused a chord progression I’d tried for something else and whipped up something using three synths, that provides chord outlines and no more. More details at soundcloud.

6 Likes

Yay, new year, and I want to be back into regular disquietjuntoing! Hope everyone is well around here.

This one is half a field recording of Meanjin wet season doing its thing on my garage door, then going into Orca controlling two amSynth patches, sort of trying to recreate raindrops.

Simple, but hopefully not too busy for layering collaborations onto?

Trying to keep things short because I’m always lingering a bit too much.

Great to be back! :green_heart:

Oh it’s 100 bpm and the note progression in the Orca midi signals is “STORMRAIN” and that’s pretty much all I can tell you about it because I know close to nothing about music.

9 Likes

Recorded some of my trusty Jazzmaster in G, with some atmosphere provided by Norns Compass in the background, running through a bit of Valhalla Supermassive. All currently hard-panned left, in keeping with the suggestion in the brief.

Have kept the SoundCloud link private for this round & should be downloadable for anyone who wishes. BPM is currently either 72 or 144, depending on how frenetic anyone using the source material wishes to go with it.

12 Likes