Disquiet Junto Project 0516: Outside In (Co/Exist 1 of 3)

@Thhhh Best way to embed is to simply paste the URL of the track, and to make sure there’s a hard return above and below it:

This is the URL I pasted into this post:

https://soundcloud.com/infdb/river-stream-disquiet0516/

1 Like

That easy, huh. Thank you. Here I was struggling with SC’s embed code.

2 Likes

This was taken from a 7 minute field recording session today. It was recorded with an H4n Pro with wind screen. It included some chickens, work vehicles, birds, wind, trees rustling, and some church bells. I used the last minute and a half.

6 Likes

:v:

3 Likes

I’d originally hoped to record some of the bats that live in the woods near our house, but wasn’t able to sort out a bat detector in time.

London isn’t always the most natural sounding place, and it’s hard to avoid the sounds of people, fireworks (always! why?), planes, and revving engines. I managed to record the waves crashing onto the foreshore without too much extraneous human sound:

6 Likes

despite walking a personal best distance on saturday (70km) the furthest i could get away from the hum of traffic was a temple in nishiarai. got a recording of humans, in the hope that we are still a part of nature…

8 Likes

Recorded in my garden on the morning of 22 November.

Birds and roar of nearby morning traffic. Nature as a hyperobject means neither is more ‘natural’ than the other - it’s a sticky continuum.

Looking forward to the next two instalments of this three parter!

4 Likes

Some everyday nature sounds in my backyard: wind, I-5 traffic, neighborhood delivery trucks, and planes flying overhead. Lots of modulated noise. Perhaps will be interesting to work with later. Maybe not!

3 Likes

This recording has more Hand Of Man than nature, but I couldn’t resist - it’s not often I catch a pack of howling coyotes on virtual tape! The cricket by my back deck seems determinedly unfazed by it all: jets, coyotes, wind, and train. The windchimes herald in the building breeze of the coming storm, surprisingly in tune with the train’s engine.

10 Likes

I think all the SoundCloud tracks are now in the playlist. If yours is missing, lemme know (marc@disquiet.com). And be sure to make your track downloadable, since the third project in this three-project sequence will involve re-using other people’s tracks.