Disquiet Junto Project 0526: Magic Number (2 of 3)

Hi. It happens. Could you DM me the track(s), and I’ll add to the playlist? Thanks.

I worked with “disquiet0525 crab drone” by @derangement (aka caustic gates on soundcloud) because I liked the sound and it had so much empty space. I hope I didn’t overfill it for next week.

The warbling tones made me feel that my voice would not seem so shaky! I recorded a vocal that seemed like some kind of mystical chant, and also added some harmonics generated by Rossum Panharmonium. A bit of EQ, compression and reverb, and this is the result.

7 Likes

Hey all,
For this bit, I was working @Sternklang 's audio, where found a stellar loop, and added some drums. Such a cool synth sound! Had a family emergency and wasn’t able to finish it, but I kind of liked it, so I thought I would share even though incomplete. Although I guess it’s supposed to be somewhat incomplete. anyway… hope you like it! It’s kind of silly.
-dave

6 Likes

I added voices and mallet sounds to @SharkWithLasers L Chord Pulse.
Voice samples are from the Citizen DJ project. Mallets were recorded by playing e-drums, then randomized.

7 Likes

The goal was to select a song that has yet to be covered, so I went with a track by @gis_sweden (aka SilverSounds) titled “Now Positive”.

To get the song off the ground, I played some ostinatos on assorted hand percussion (castanets, triangle, cowbell). I then transposed the instruments up several semitones to achieve a more desirable timbre. While I wanted to keep the parts on my end balanced with the left channel, so I added a “lead instrument”, namely a programmed marimba with delay. Even after those additions, the right channel still seemed lacking during the intro, so I added some simple keyboard chords.

Overall, the song is even more percussive than before.

6 Likes

Added a little guitar part to @lazenbeeindustries pad! It’s played in the “A Phrygian Dominant” mode. I only used 1/3 of the original track, however.

I’ve never used this mode before, it was fun to toy around with!

(MiM Telecaster, Archetype Cory Wong)

7 Likes

Very impressive! Has a nice eerie sound, would make a good soundtrack

2 Likes

Hello fellow Forester2022 user :wink:
Exciting combo. Thank you so much, @Glitcher! Would you mind making it downloadable? Cheers.

2 Likes

Hey , @encym your welcome, track is now downloadable :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I Didn’t see that the contribution should be hard panned, so I just uploaded a version to the correct specifications. The original double bass from @westminster.music has some beautiful stereo things going on in the upper stereo field , so If anyone would like to build this furthe, and would like to have access to the separate stereo tracks, send me a message on SC, and I´ll send both parts as stems in stereo … I really enjoy hearing what people do with different tracks in this project!

7 Likes

so much for picking My track, I love how it turned out. I worked all weekend and got ill, sowas so uplifting to wake up to this. Sounds great!

2 Likes

Here’s my second contribution. Based on Sliversounds track Now positive. I tried to post earlier but there’s some message saying that I can not reply until someone has replied to my reply (?) Anyway: I added some heavily treated piano and guitar samples to the right side of the stereo field in C major. Both instruments play the same motif, but I randomly inverted and/or took away notes on both parts. Tempo around 88 BPM

3 Likes

Hey there, I couldn’t record it in time. I was advised to share it anyway.

I added a pad and guitar loops, arpeggiating in Am7 to the amazing drone track created last week by @morgulbee

6 Likes

Apologies @disquiet my second track slipped through the net because I tagged it incorrectly. I have corrected it.

1 Like

Thanks. I’ve added it to the playlist.

1 Like

Ooo, nice! I like to do this kind of manipulation too. Don’t have a Beads though. Thank you!

1 Like

My pleasure… hope someone adds a third part!

1 Like

Thanks @zoundsabar ! This was really awesome to listen to and I really appreciate that someone not only picked up my piece for collaboration but went down the vocal route!

2 Likes

I’m glad you enjoyed it. It was so open for my duet. I hope I left some room for an adventurous trio!

1 Like

Love this bassline @morgulbee! Fits so well, glad you did this!

2 Likes