Disquietude podcast

Updating the top post in the thread to mention that the fifth episode of the Disquietude podcast went live last night. Ambient music by Lesley Flanigan, Dave Seidel, KMRU, Celia Hollander, and John Hooper plus an interview with Flanigan, commentary, and a short essay about reading waveforms. All five tracks of music are featured with the permission of the individual artists or record labels.

It’s up on SoundCloud currently, and is slowly making its way into the Libsyn service. If folks have a recommendation for a simpler service than Libsyn, that’d be great.

https://soundcloud.com/disquiet/disquietude-ambient-podcast-0005/

22 Likes

At long last, my years of hitting refresh on the disquietude feed have finally paid off.

10 Likes

Ha! Finally. I do imagine there are some people who subscribed in 2017 before the world broke, and will be like, “Wuh, it’s back?” Or words to that effect. It just popped up in my podcast app, so I guess Libsyn did its work.

3 Likes

Since I got my podcast up two months in a row, I’ll say it’s my monthly podcast. Six tracks, including @bellyfullofstars and @patriciawolf (I think the other four don’t have Lines accounts), plus commentary on each, brief interviews (with Jeff Rona and Patricia), and a short essay on voice assistants: The full list of artists is, in order of appearance: Belly Full of Stars, Christian Carrière, Femi Shonuga-Fleming, Jeff Rona, Jostijn Ligtvoet, Patricia Wolf. All in under an hour.

12 Likes

Thank you, Marc @disquiet ! What a beautiful listen today… I was transported by those drones by Femi, Jeff, and Jostijn, especially. And Patricia’s wonderful recording of ice-fire. Much longed for sound travel in the time of no travel.

2 Likes

Thanks so much for trusting your track with me. I was excited to include it.

2 Likes

0004 hasn’t popped up on Libsyn for me. Has it for anyone else?

2 Likes

I still need to finish the process. Posting to SoundCloud is a breeze, but I find Libsyn a confusing hassle I need to refamiliarize myself with. Thanks for your patience.

2 Likes

Just wanted to say that it popped up this morning and was worth the wait! Thanks for the care you put into these episodes; it really shows.

1 Like

Updated the top post in the thread to note that the new episode (music by Lesley Flanigan, Dave Seidel, KMRU, Celia Hollander, and John Hooper plus an interview with Flanigan, commentary, and a short essay about reading waveforms) is up

3 Likes