Hey lines! Some of you may be interested in this project I was finally able to release.
Schräg is an expanded repackage of the Bastl Cinnamon multimode filter, released with their permission as an open source project.
More information on the github repo: GitHub - barnabywalters/Schraeg: An 8HP eurorack multimode filter module based on the Bastl Cinnamon
The filter core works exactly as the Cinnamon, with the following new features:
- 8HP form factor, allowing for larger character and gain switches and a big juicy cutoff knob
- Voltage control over resonance, through an attenuverter (using the two unused VCA cells from the original design)
- A new FM input through an attenuverter, which works as a pitch fine-tune control with nothing patched
- A bi-directional power connector with polyfuses
- An Interactive HTML BOM to aid in part placement
With this release comes a request and an offer:
The released board layout is the second revision, with various small issues from the first run I ordered fixed. The DRCs pass, but I haven’t yet ordered or built the latest version, and am unlikely to do so myself in the near future as I already have spare boards from the first run, don’t need 20 Schrägs and am not interested in selling built modules. So if anyone out there likes the concept and wants to order and test a run of the new boards, I’d greatly appreciate feedback and would be happy to help with the process.
And the offer: Update: all the spare boards are claimed now.