SMD-populated PCBs are here →
minimal/tiny open-source/DIY shield for Raspberry Pi boards, providing hardware compatibility with the norns ecosystem.
shield support will stay in sync with the primary norns codebase.
- schems/boards: github.com/monome/norns-shield
- oshpark order link: norns-shield
- BOM: smd and through hole
- BOM: though hole only
you can order board and components from the sources above. we ran a batch of PCBs with the SMD parts populated which are available directly from monome for $50.
components are SMD— not tiny, but perhaps not beginner (0603 passives).
this shield does not have a headphone driver or a battery charging circuit, however a headphone works fine in the normal output, and you can use any USB battery pack.
this image is for the rpi 3b+ — we’re working on a pi4 version, though we’d generally suggest the 3b+
- see the github repository for a photo guide.
- TODO add a list of threaded spacers
- TODO contributed 3D enclosure designs!
(here is the previous announcement thread)