UPDATE: norns shield has evolved. see the new thread.
minimal/tiny open-source/DIY shield for Raspberry Pi boards, providing hardware compatibility with the norns ecosystem.
shield support will stay in sync with the primary norns codebase.
you can support continued development by purchasing directly from monome
- schems/boards: github.com/monome/norns-shield
- oshpark order link: norns-shield
- BOM: smd and through hole
- BOM: though hole only
components are SMD— not tiny, but perhaps not beginner (0603 passives).
this shield does not have a headphone driver or a battery charging circuit, however a headphone works fine in the normal output, and you can use any USB battery pack.
this image is for the rpi 3b+
- see the github repository for a photo guide.
- button cap (included in kit)
- knob cap is from selco, but any D-shaft will fit
(here is the previous announcement thread)