Does maiden-repl have any shorcuts?

I’d like to use maiden-repl more, because it could be convenient when I want to use a different editor. I think it would be handy to have my script open in CLion and a terminal window with maiden-repl, but I can’t get saving/playing scripts to work, and there don’t appear to be shortcuts like the web based version.

Are they there? And if not, how easy would it be for me to implement them?

1 Like

maiden-repl is a retooled version of an early utility during development. there aren’t hot keys, but they could likely be added easily. fyi running a script is just sending the lua code norns.script.load(path)

it would also be easy perhaps to intercept command input prior to execution… ie anything with a leading semicolon (like normal maiden) so ;run could be a thing

2 Likes

here’s where some semicolon commands could be added: https://github.com/monome/norns/blob/master/maiden-repl/src/ui.c#L190

ie, ;r for “reload/run” could just call norns.script.load(norns.state.script)

note that norns.state.script contains the path of the current script, ie "code/awake/awake.lua"

if no script is running, you’d need to manually run one, via command or the physical menu interface

@Tyler I don’t know exactly what you’re trying to do, but it sounds like this might be what you’re looking for