Drambo app - Ask questions, share experiences and best practices

Out and very impressive indeed!

2 Likes

I noticed there’s an iPhone version. Is drambo usable at all on an iPhone mini?

1 Like

It’s surprisingly usable on an iPhone screen. You can’t have that many things visible at the same time tho but it’s ok. You just have to switch view modes a bit more.

3 Likes

Ok. I’m going to give this app a proper go.

Will look for a tutorial.

1 Like

not sure about mini, but on plus size its okay, I’ve started more than one project on iphone.

1 Like

We need more activity on this subject. I’ve been getting deeper in with the new update and things are really starting to click for me. So many improvements! If Borderlands eventually goes AUv3, I think I’ll have my super all in one situation.

3 Likes

I’ve been messing around with it and am super impressed. I need to explore layers and feedback patching. Im still bringing concepts from my modular that sometimes need rethinking. I like that the oscillators drone and the amps silence, rather than the other way around with most software instruments. I do will I could set the buffer to 64 samples, though.

1 Like

Same for me…Drambo plus Borderlands with AUv3 and Midi note assignment to clouds would finally be the Elektron sequencer + granular sampler I‘v been dreaming about!

4 Likes

Ya, I tried a RYTM 2 at the beginning of the covid times and I just couldn’t make it work for me. Luckily I was able to sell at no loss. Everytime a new Elektron box comes out I think, “I could roll up something pretty close or better with Drambo!”
No shade on Elektron, this just stimulates my creative problem solving brain cells.
In fact I mirrored my sequencing workflow from my modular and got pretty close!

2 Likes

Just tried out Drambo with the new Ableton Live 11.2 Beta that supports AUv3 plugins on Apple Silicon. Looking good so far. (Moog Model 15 also works.)

7 Likes

This is exciting. Drambo as a plugin!
Curious how well it works.

1 Like

What’s everyone’s Drambo controller of choice? I’m probably going to grab a Faderfox FX12, but really want to utilize that Crossfader.

1 Like

I’m embracing using only the ipad itself for the time being. Trying to keep it fully self contained.
I do have a pair of MidiMix I’ll try eventually.

1 Like