Drone Day May 30, 2020

Here’s my contribution to drone day 2020. iOS app Shoom with a sensel morph utilizing MPE to control all aspects of the sound modulation. All used 7-TET tuning so that I could just play expressively without worrying too much about “notes” and more about the sound and piecing it all together after the fact. Recorded 20 drones and then layered them in ableton (no fx added), mastered in Ozone. Happy droning!

3 Likes

Dronecasting with some of the dc modular collective crew tonight! @Nonmimeticform is on at 8:00 pm ET, and I’m on at 8:30 pm.

3 Likes

I don’t have any local events going on but I love to drone, so I improvised a little set by myself and the two tracks are up here for free.

3 Likes

Another contribution for drone day. Technically recorded this last night, but edited today:

2 Likes

trying to turn this resonant filterbank inside-out

3 Likes

Did a short drone thing (by drone standards, I suppose).
Perhaps not suitable for absolute purists.

1 Like

This morning I recorded something, but it wasn’t strictly a drone. So this afternoon I did an “official” one:

(Primarily Angle Grinder, Lyra-8 and Reface CS)

3 Likes

sorry to post again but llllll’s own @pulsewidth is currently live at of-the-now

1 Like

Happy Drone Day to all who celebrate. Here’s a couple of banjo samples run through mangl on norns.

1 Like

I droned in the backyard by myself. Happy drone day :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Make Noise DPO, with various paths through filters, wavefolder, delay and reverb, and modulation from Maths, JF, Mini Slew, and manual mixing and modulation using a 16n

2 Likes

My apologies. I should have waited, and should have given that more consideration, I’m sorry.

2 Likes

Here’s my set from yesterday! Mostly drones but I couldn’t help myself and threw in a few beats toward the end :sweat_smile:. Really happy with how this one turned out.

1 Like

Had an epic open collaboration drone jam with myself and a total of 10 other remote collaborators who moved in and out over the course of the afternoon and evening. Pretty pleased with the results.

3 Likes

Yesterday it really seemed like a lot of things aligned themselves pretty nicely. I did a live set of pieces that I would personally all call drone but I’ve posted the link to the time that can universally classify as drone for your enjoyment.

2 Likes

so great to see and hear all the drones! :two_hearts::two_hearts:

here is my morning drone, it capped off my live stream series I’ve been working on over the last few months.

in 2021 we’ll see each other in the flesh, droning to the open air.

4 Likes

Here’s the archived recording of my set from last night. You can skip the first 6 minutes as I was just hanging waiting for the guy before me in the stream to finish up.

2 Likes

Kind of late but here’s some highlights from my Drone Day 2020 :smiley:
I droned for 8 hours straight at home (although to be fair the pineapple did a lot of it).

1 Like