DROPE is an ambient dub record by David B. Applegate

hello,

I post today to announce the release of “Drope.”

Primarily created using a Ciat-Lonbarde Plumbutter and LEP Multicassa, “Drope” is an ambient dub sub-bass basement exploration in the dark. “Drope” droops from your speakers and speaks proper dope.

Yes, “Drope” is proper listening for hanged out droop sessions all-sorts. Did you want to wax? How about flip some nubs into the bucket? “Drope” will see you through these activities and any other activities you happen to enjoy.

I created these tracks approximately 1 year ago shortly after moving from North Carolina to Washington state. Unemployed, I spent my days hazily wandering around the Ciat-Lonbarde Plumbutter + LEP Multicassa until I found the dope. Then I’d improvise along with a panoply of other synths, effects, and noise boxes. Hours would pass. Sometimes entire weeks. I would look up and see another eight minutes of material recorded on my computer. Pieces of “Drope” developed thus.

I’m not sure what else to say though I feel glad I can post this here; thanks for having me and enjoy the record.

Best,

-David

12 Likes

This is awesome. I’ll always check out a collection of songs made on CL stuff and you’ve made PB sing.

1 Like

Thanks for the kind words. Plumbutter is such a versatile instrument; I love hearing what people do with it, too :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

lovely work!
especially love how much open space there is
more of less FTW!

1 Like

Nice! Thanks much. I feel glad you enjoyed the Space; “Drope” is quite sparse compared to projects I’ve attempted in the past.

The Space is where a Drone can unfold into a “Drope.” When a “Drope” appears it creates its own Zone to inhabit. Troubling the “Drope” Zone results in the Zone fracturing into Zones. What leaks from the fracture is more and more “Drope.” This “Drope” fills the Space with Drones and the process repeats.