Druid - Not Triggering from Terminal, but Does Open from Python Script File

Greet,

Decided to break into Crow. Running Windows 10. Followed the instructions listed here. Cannot run druid from terminal. Receive this error:

druid : The term ‘druid’ is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet, function, script file, or operable program. Check
the spelling of the name, or if a path was included, verify that the path is correct and try again.
At line:1 char:1
+ druid
+ ~~~~~
+ CategoryInfo : ObjectNotFound: (druid:String) [], CommandNotFoundException
+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : CommandNotFoundException

BUT when I navigate to the Python file folder, and open up druid, it totally runs + recognizes crow and all. Figured everything was groovy UNTIL I tried using Bowery and it mentions running druid from the terminal while in the bowery folder as the way to upload scripts. I’ve tried opening it from both powershell (which gives the above error) and the command prompt, which says the same thing in less words:

‘druid’ is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.

I attempted applying the ‘environmental variables’ fix using the path for the druid script in the python directory, and it didn’t fix things.

so… where to from here, friends?

<3

druid not being on the PATH is almost certainly the problem. Note that you generally have to close and reopen your command prompt / powershell after changing the PATH for it to take. In cmd you should be able to run:

set %PATH%

to see the current value that’s loaded, it may be kind of long so you might want to copy-paste it to a text file so you can search for the folder you expect contains the druid program.

typed

set C:\Users\willi\AppData\Local\Packages\PythonSoftwareFoundation.Python.3.8_qbz5n2kfra8p0\LocalCache\local-packages\Python38\Scripts\druid.exe

received

Environment variable %C:\Users\willi\AppData\Local\Packages\PythonSoftwareFoundation.Python.3.8_qbz5n2kfra8p0\LocalCache\local-packages\Python38\Scripts\druid.exe% not defined

and still it no go

ty4 swift re-ply – can I buy you a coffee?

Sorry, I mean that the exact command

set %PATH%

means "show me the current value of the environment variable named PATH", which will consist of several folders separated by semicolons – if your setup is correct then one of these should be
C:\Users\willi\AppData\Local\Packages\PythonSoftwareFoundation.Python.3.8_qbz5n2kfra8p0\LocalCache\local-packages\Python38\Scripts\.

Note that when configuring PATHs (on any platform, this is miraculously one of the few things that are consistent across operating systems), you want to configure a folder which contains the program(s) you want to be accessible by name, and not the full path to an individual executable file – the latter will not work.

Kind of you, but I’m already a mite jittery.

done + done + thanks!

1 Like