Duelling Ants - Moments in Spring

My new album »Moments in Spring» is out on Wow & Flutter Records

Moments in Spring is about simple things -small moments and experiences from my own life, like listening to birds, hearing the sound of running water, playing guitar outside on a warm evening, watching my kids play… it’s a blend of electro-acoustic and electronic sounds and field recording mostly made in and around my home.

The album was made during times marked with a lot of seriousness in the world outside my home. I’ve found inspiration in the moments this time gave me with my family and the warmth and kindness I felt inside my own enclosed space.

This album a result of my first few months with Norns and Grid.

I’m deeply inspired by this community and a big thank you goes out to all of you for making this such a great place.

@dan_derks You’re a huge inspiration to a lot of people, most certainly to me with your music and tools. Thank you for all your beautiful work, in this case particularly with Cranes and Cheat Codes - those scripts are present on 90% of the tracks.
Thanks to @andrew for his work with the Prosody collection (and beautiful music). These days I have at least one of these tools present in all the stuff I do.

Big thanks also to Gregory O’Brien (M.Shutak/Wow & Flutter) for asking me to make a record for the label and giving me the oportunity to release my first physical album.

:blue_heart:

26 Likes

Just popping in to say this album is out today. I’ve updated the top post with a little video animation of one of the tracks

4 Likes

Can’t wait to give this a listen! Congrats!!

1 Like

Sounds wonderful. Well done!

1 Like

Thanks a lot Matt :pray:t2:

1 Like

Lovely work. It has a rustic homely charm. Enjoying this a lot.

1 Like

Enjoying it a lot. Sounds beautiful, well done :black_heart: can’t wait for the tape to arrive.

1 Like

@mlogger and @Noisetrees thank you so much :blue_heart:

1 Like

Listened to the whole album and can’t wait for the cassette to arrive. Thanks for making it.

1 Like

Thank you so much @yittabitta Hope tapes will arrive in the mail this week :blush:

1 Like

This is one of my favorites albums this year it’s been on repeat. So beautiful and peaceful. Great work!

2 Likes

Thank you @Blit I’m so glad you’ve enjoyed it :blush:

Just received the tape and it’s so so so good :black_heart::black_heart::black_heart:

2 Likes

Very pretty, thanks! Added to the wishlist.

This kind of sound really reminds me of stuff from about 15 years ago, but I can’t quite put my finger on what. I trust current instruments (and the community that fosters their development) allow you to get to these kinds of very fluid and friendly-sounding compositions much more readily than would’ve been possible back then.

1 Like

Thanks a lot :slight_smile: I started making music about 15 years ago, and although my interest has kind of stayed within the same field since back then, I must say making music was a bit of a struggle to me (at least for a guy with minimal programing or technical skills). Midi was so difficult back then, omg :joy: anyways, the tools available now makes a big difference to people like me. Monome in particular has enabled me to make a lot of stuff I never would have imagined possible but always felt close to, if you know what I mean. I feel like I’m constantly growing musically, which is great and very inspiring

1 Like