I opened a bug in GitHub, but my Earthsea’s “Edge” output tends to lockup after a while of playing, but I haven’t noticed a reliable pattern to get it to trigger, other than playing lots of notes very quickly for several minutes.
Has anyone else been experiencing this? The only way to fix it is to power-cycle my setup, which is pretty annoying when it happens during jams or live
You are speaking about the earthsea firmware @tehn postet above, aren’t you? Since I did not find one by @scanner_darkly.
And you are clocking earthsea with the ES.CLOCK 1 command from teletype after applying ES.MODE 1?
I have installed both now and it seems that the pattern has changed from about every 3 - 5 minutes to about every 10 minutes getting a phase of heavy slowdown for about 10 seconds. It still sometimes occurs that an unstable phase is skipped. It seems to stay in the time pattern though. So it’s getting less worse and might help to identify the problem, which is a good thing.
it’s a version that includes everything from the version @tehn posted above plus some additional changes both in ES code as well as some stability changes i experimented with in libavr32. it’s entirely possible some new bugs were introduced in the process, so proceed with caution but i’m curious if this version fixes your problems. the usual disclaimer - updating firmware will erase your presets! this version should be compatible with teletype 2.0 rc1 version.
to clarify: this version of earthsea was mainly to make it easier to test the stability fixes for teletype (it’s possible that any ttrilogy/ansible firmwares that are still using older versions of libavr32 could still cause teletype to freeze). since i only tested it very briefly myself (only recently got an earthsea and i don’t even have the i2c header on it yet, so no way to test remotes at all) it’s entirely possible these changes introduce some new bugs.
since it seems to be working well if folks are willing to beta test it it will certainly help in the future when we’re ready to apply the same stability fixes to other firmwares. i’ll be happy to try and troubleshoot issues as they arise.
one more thing: the version that i linked from the other thread was a bit behind, i’ve made some additional changes since then that are also aimed at improving stability. if you have the time to beta test please use this version instead: