an interactive environment for designing 2d sound ecologies with grid and live
Making art and developing instruments for others to make art is the most important thing I can do right now.
- Arrange cells on a 2d field.
- Change a cell’s structure to define behavior.
- Change a cell’s route to create channels.
- Signals emerge from hive cells.
- Signals play a cell’s note when they collide.
- Finally, depending on how the colliding cell is configured, the signal could be re-routed, split, or destroyed.
Special thanks to all the beta testers for bravely trying out v0.1 and v0.2: @Arithmetikmusiq, @asaunders, @wheelersounds, @nitefish, @Clashley1, @edison, @mheton, @pfig, @reallyok, @eblomquist, and others that I can’t mention b/c you can only tag 10 peeps. We’re getting close. After actually being able to play with it for the first time tonight I know there needs a huge UX overhaul.
Here’s some behind the scenes notes (including some doodles my wife made for me, mostly illustrating her sleeping positions with our cat):