Electronic parts in Europe

Hi all,
I need to buy a few capacitors and resistors, but all I found is the big guys - Digikey, Mouser, etc. Flat shipping to Europe is 20 euro and up, which is much higher than my order. I was wondering if there is a place in Europe where I can buy parts with reasonable shipping cost? Local shipping, not overseas.
Im in Belgium.

I don’t know a reseller in Belgium, but maybe conrad.de or reichelt.de is worth a look!?

1 Like

Farnell has a stock/warehouse in Belgium (Liège) and another one in UK . Next day delivery Shipping and handling for orders under 30€ = 6.90€ H.T (FR and 8€for Belgium)

2 Likes

https://www.bitsbox.co.uk/ is a decent UK based small/hobby DIY parts seller.

1 Like

Wow, many thanks!
I’ve checked Farnell before but didn’t see local shipping, need to check again!

That’s where I place all my small/common orders, I can order till 19:00 and I’m always sure to receive the parts via UPS the next day (France).

I’ve checked their website and apparently for Belgium the shipping costs more (8€) than for France for orders under 50€… doesn’t make sense…

1 Like

Aha, some parts are shipped from US, some local. Local parts cost less. Got it.

Have you checked Thonk?

1 Like

Another option would be TME:

They are located in Poland and are well sorted.

1 Like

TME is awesome - used it a lot before when I was more actively building stuff - but at least they used to charge something like 12 euro flat rate shipping fee for orders in Europe, so not super economical for smaller orders.

1 Like

I would suggest to check your local electronic hobby shops. The one I’m using in Estonia has extensive back catalog (probably Farnell) and the pickup from the shop is free (close to my office).

1 Like

UK based

1 Like

Jep Same here. Haven’t ordered there for a while…
shipping costs to Germany are 5-6€ via DHL

2 Likes

I don’t know about UK shipping, but Tayda Electronics who usually ship from Thailand or Indonesia, have low part and shipping costs to the US. I’d expect similar pricing to the UK, so they’re probably worth checking out.

2 Likes

In the end, used RS for my order - good selection and minimum shipping 4.95 euro.

Many thanks, everyone!

2 Likes

I’ve always used Mouser for larger orders - free shipping over £30 in Europe, for me.

2 Likes

Also check out Gotron, they have an online store + physical shops in Aalst, Gent and Hasselt: https://www.gotron.be/

1 Like