Eurorack: ask questions here

Thanks! I am aware of the M script, or have been at some point, but I appreciate the reminder.

I think this is only half of a solution. I think I need it to output a gate every time the value of T changes. The module I’m using for envelope following (Doepfer A-119) has a gate output with a threshold control, so I may be able to use that to inform my logic…

honestly I feel like I’m over-complicating this task and that there is probably and analog logic way to accomplish my goal, lol

Yea it seems like the you already have the threshold detection on the A119 – you just need to send triggers when a gate begins and ends?

So you could send the gate from A119 to one trigger 1, and in M do :

X STATE 1
IF NE X Y : TR.PULSE 1
Y X

So X is the current state, Y is the previous state, and any time it changes, we send out a trigger.

Wait, I think we are misunderstanding how Clouds works: Clouds’ freeze input wants a gate, not a trigger, and will freeze the buffer whenever the gate is high. In that light I think my solution is correct.

man, i feel foolish! or at least like i have a lot i need to refresh myself on or learn.

if that’s the case i can cut out the TT entirely and just use the gate output of the 119, right?

Almost—you do need to do some CV massaging so that the gate goes high to freeze (i.e. when the signal is low), whereas the A-119 will have the gate go high when the signal is above a threshold.

ah! i can probably use Maths to invert that signal then, right?

Yeah, you’d probably also need to add an offset with another Maths channel so that the sum output correctly gives Clouds a “high” signal when the input is “low”

awesome, i’ll try this shortly…

that did the trick! Thanks again!

This is one of my favorite uses of the a-119!

Could someone explain what the inputs are for on PNW? Clock is obvious but I’m struggling to figure out the others.

Sure. The inputs are Clock, Run, CV1 and CV2.

Clock lets you sync Pam to another Clock’s output.

A trigger into Run starts and stops Pam or rotates the outputs, depending on a setting.

The voltage received at CV1 can be used to set pretty much any parameter of an output. The amount it affects the parameter is adjustable for every parameter.

So, you could send an LFO cycling between 0 and 5V into CV1. This voltage could be used to modulate the division of Output 1 and the waveform of Output 2 and the amplitude of Output 2 - by varying degrees. There is no limit to the number of parameters that can be mapped in this way.

CV2 is similar to CV1 except it expects a bi-polar signal {eg an LFO cycling - 5V to 5V}.

If you patch an output back into CV1/CV2, some very complex behaviour can be achieved. Even more so if you start to rotate the outputs!

Here’s a dumb question: how do you get out of Easter egg mode in(on?) Rings?

was just struggling with this last night! i think you need to set all the knobs in the same position you did to activate it and hold down one of the buttons to deactivate.

Cool, I’ll give it a shot!

Thanks so much. I had no idea it could do so much!

A guitar is a box with strings. People manage to get a wide variety of sounds of that. Rings is a module. You can send things into it, and send it into things. I don’t find the interface especially complex, either.

Hi I am looking for some experiences with the Make Noise RxMx, particularly in pairing it with the DPO, any of you guys got any experience of it, thoughts, feelings