Eurorack: ask questions here

not really. Since I use Pam as a master clock for everything. O_C still needs to be clocked by something. And its really handy to have for example, (1x speed) for 1st sequencer from O_C and then (/4 speed) for the 2nd sequencer from O_C.

Thanks @joshhh and @TonyIdaho. This clears it up and makes it look like an o_c might be a good solution especially in the long run since it can have multiple sequences (I have a skiff now, but I imagine I will be expanding in the future).

I think it’s a great beginner sequencer. In the future I’ll probably just hop on the RENE style sequencer because I like sequences that ‘evolve’ over time without me. I think that’s the power in modular sequencers because everything is CV’able. Probably too much for me at the moment. O_C just helps me flow better since its quicker to set up. If you do ever move on, the good news is that O_C has so much other uses too!

I got my Tempi about a week ago. Still learning my way around all of the functions, but I’ve used it in a few patches as a combination of a clock divider and trigger sequencer. As a sequencer, it’s either driving the main kick drum and/or high hat patters, or driving other sequencers - for example, a Grayscale Algorhythm, MI Stages, and PP/Brains running at different shifting divisions. I’m creating variations in the divisions for all or just a few of the channels by either patching another clock, or self-patching a channel into the “Mod” input. The next thing I plan on trying is using a sequencer (probably PP/Brains) to create rhythmic variations/compositions using the State CV input. I’d recommend playing with it some more before you dump it for another clock divider, though I love the simplicity of the 2hp Div. Before buying the Tempi, I considered getting another for a mini-4MS QCD type setup…

That’s a wonderful suggestion for a module grouping that I think could start me off quite well and is relatively affordable - thanks so much!

anyone have a favorite saturating/overdrive-able VCA/mixer? I’m looking to replace my Manhattan Analog Mix with something that has more grit, since I can cleanly mix in other ways. I really like the sound of the Manhattan DTM demos (formerly CP3, basically a Moog mixer copy with nice saturation), but if there is an option that is simultaneously a normalled mixer with VCAs, that’d be ideal - a la Tangle Quartet/Veils/Quad VCA, but designed to saturate. I know that the latter two can overdrive a bit but they’re maybe a bit more transparent than I am looking for.

thanks!

Veils saturates/overdrives. I don’t know if it’s the sound you’re looking for, but it goes to 11 :slight_smile:

Abstract Data’s VCA sounds nice overdriven, at least from videos.

As far as I know XAOC Tallinn overdrives too. I like the parallel processing of linear and exponential CV inputs …

I wish these were also mixers! I guess maybe they’re not since they’re both discrete circuits and thus adding a summing op-amp would not keep with the style they’re after. I could always just put a Links or something next to one and basically get what I want.

I had read that Blinds overdrives, but haven’t heard any samples. Maybe worth a shot though, it seems like a solid design overall and I like the cascading normalled mixing design.

Check out Joranalogue Mix 3. Three channel mixer with VCAs that overdrive.

Not a vca but the Instruo Tanh3 is really nice for saturation. It has more subtle range than my intelljel vca on it’s exponential settings and can sound really nice dimed, too.

I’m patching into input A and out from Output A. I can here delay coming from channel B but no delay effect from channel A?

I can hear the delay from channel B in the output of A and I can adjust this with the controls. But if I plug a jack into Input B I don’t hear anything on from the channel A output.

This is the normal behavior. I think you should use input B and Output B if you want to use only one channel, or patch a cable in input B and leave it unconnected.

Edit: from the manual

Thanks for the reply, maybe I should have clarified, I want to use both delays in parallel.

The manual says this should work with the setup I described. Unless I missed something, which is entirely possible.

IIRC if you patch something into B you’ll hear it into B and what you put into A will go in the A out.

Do you have both Delay Feed and Mix turned up on channel A? If Delay Feed is all the way down then nothing gets written to the “tape”, so you’ll still just hear the dry sound even if Mix is turned up (or potentially none of the A input if mix is fully CW).

Yeah I played with Delay Feed and Mix.I tried to just get delay on channel by plugging input tp A and a dummy cable into B with no luck.

Hi do any of you have any experience with the grayscale supercell, I am finding it difficult to find any reviews or videos of it on line, thinking about picking one up as I miss my Clouds .

Standalone, single function buffered multiple never felt crucial when there are multi-purpose modules out there that include a buffered multiple: ALM’s Beast Chalkboard (octave switch plus buffered mult) and Intellijel’s Shifty (switch with buffered mult and more…)

I guess I’m more asking, have people found signal buffering (via buffered mults or otherwise) to be critical to correct functioning in their patches.