Favorite Universal Audio plugins?

Their Roland Space Echo emulation came up in another thread a while back, and it got me wondering, of the folks here who use Universal Audio plugins, what are your favorites?

I’ve been enjoying playing guitar through the Tweed 55 a lot lately, and have definitely been enjoying the Space Echo, but am looking at picking up a few other tone-shaping things… EQ, compression, maybe a reverb…

1 Like

there’s so many that I like but lately, the Fairchild 670; the AKG BX 20 spring reverb; and the Neve 1073 eq. Also, the Cooper Time Cube delay has a really nice sound. The tape emulation plugins are all great. I use the Ampex ATR-102 a lot. Their plugins are not cheap but there are deals just about every month and then coupons that pop up in your account from time to time.

Yeah, they threw me a second “custom bundle” deal, and I’d been meaning to buy the Tweed anyways. I’ve been using the 1073 a bit as well.

Haven’t tried the time cube or the akg reverb yet, though. Time to give them a trial I think…

1 Like

the two other things I thought to say - if I could buy something at the moment, it would probably be the API Channel Strip which I demo’d and found it to be amazing. The plugin I bought that gets the least use is the Thermionic Culture Vulture. I have trouble using distortion as processing without over doing it but I will say, it’s been a magic bullet a couple times when I was able to use it.

1 Like

Three of the reverbs. BX20, AMS and EMT140. I also enjoy the Massenburg EQ and Manley compressor applied to the master-bus.

1 Like

I’ve been using the CS-1 on just about everything recently… Should probably get away from that habit

the emt 140 is amazing. i use that and the echoplex all the time. and the space echo when mine is acting up or it’s a live thing.

the maag eq is AMAZING too. as is the massive passive. huge fan of those.

1 Like