Fear in a Handful of Dust

Fear in a Handful of Dust

a generative musical script for norns. sit back and watch the weather change.

get it via maiden or github.

<3 @tyleretters & @license

46 Likes

Bonus challenge: post your year high score
(I got up to 4277 but that was before the engine was wired up)

1 Like

july, 2145 winter (300 bpm)

1 Like

so…if you REALLY want the graphics output of norns…you have to improvise…:stuck_out_tongue:

i split the feed from the camera into three different vid synths to generate all the visuals.
whole foundation for tonight’s session…all three norns running Fear in a Handful of Dust with a couple of other noiz weapons…

fracken amazing script again!
thank you @tyleretters & @license!!!
16 Likes

You’re welcome (I did the sound) :slight_smile:

5 Likes

woah @SPIKE this is awesome. i love how you’re always at the avant garde of new stuff. you just dive in right away.

yes, this was a 50/50 synesthesiatic collab with @license!! all :speaker: :ear: credit to him!

5 Likes

Playing Stardew Valley rn and this is the companion I did not ask for but certainly needed. Many thanks :pray:t2:

8 Likes

that’s so good on so many levels! happy MMXXI

2 Likes

Yessss

Oh brilliant, that sounds perfect

1 Like

oh!
a collaboration!
i updated my original post!
:slight_smile:
such a cool script!!!

4 Likes

Wow! @tyleretters and @license this is gorgeous, it’s been running at 60bpm in the background for a couple hours and I have no intention of turning it off any time soon.

Edit, dropped my bpm to 20 after getting to spring 1995, turned the engine volume down, the reverb input up and extended the decay… now I’m up to 2006…

8 Likes

amazingggg post your high score lol. bonus points for low bpm.

1 Like

at first I thought this had something to do with the legendary NZ collective. excited to pass the time nonetheless.

3 Likes

ahh i haven’t heard of these folk

ha, I was born in Aug. 1974, I will have to load this tonight and see what my timeline looks like.

2 Likes

Hi guys, received my Norns shield yesterday so I’m new here; this script was one of my first unexpected fun finds. Forgive me if this question is a stupid one, but altering the tempo in FIAHOD seems to mess with the tempo in my saved Awake Psets… is this normal behaviour? Am I getting global tempos mixed up with Pset project tempos somewhere? :wink:

FIAHOD doesn’t use Psets for anything fancey but it does use the norns global clock. awake also uses the global clock: awake/awake.lua at master · tehn/awake · GitHub

what behavior are you seeing? if you change the internal tempo that will persist across scripts.

Thanks, that solves it; I must remember to make a tempo ref in my saved Pset names. :wink:

Really enjoying this…thanks again!

1 Like

November, 3771 and counting.

Awesome script, I used it last night as a sleep aid, I suffer from chronic insomnia, but this thing knocked me out cold, haha.

8 Likes