Field recording

llllllll

I just tie them up after every time I use them (“rockstar” knot). I’ve never had any problem though; can you be more specific?

I like to wander an capture sounds as I go. Sometimes I keep it simple and use a Sony M-10 and and pair of Soundman OKM Binaurals, this is super stealth and very easy to manage.
My other setup is a SD Mix-Pre D in a portabrace with 4060s. With the 4060s I often just hold them in my hands or use the coat hangar method. The 3m cables are way more unyielding if I say use more cable length but then want it shorter so I can walk around again, hands free etc.
Not sure if this makes any sense :smile:

i’m using a tascam dr44wl with internal mics and\or a sennheiser mkh416. i like the fact i can record both internal and external mic. the wifi control from android app is nice in that i can put the recorder in a position and go as far as 20 meters and have control on metering and levels (no wireless audio tho).
this is nice with wildlife, i tried this in the woods early night,keeping a distance allowed me to capture more birds sounds than if i was closer.
other than that the pres are so so, it is a bit noisy and if you want to use internal mics and handle the unit you must buy a rycote audio kit or stuff like that or the handling noise will be too loud.
i like how i can record a decent stereo field and point and zoom with the sennheiser half shotgun for a detailed focus

Get some of this and thread both cables, ill upload a picture when i get home later

Ah, yes please do. That looks like it could be just the thing :ok_hand:

Amazing, that’s exactly what I need. Thanks for posting the pic, I’m ordering some now.
:+1:

If anyone was curious about what a shutter in a typhoon with two contact mics fed through the mail slot flapping in the storm sounds like, here’s your chance. Things get a little percussive.

Respect to Jez Riley French for making some tough mics! His gear gets top marks from me!

//// pictures ////

To those who ordered Usi Pros this summer…have you received your shipping notification yet?

Nope! 20 chars for fun

Nup, nothing for me yet.

also no, but September is not done yet!

Not yet. Optimistic though.

Is that the 1/2 inch housing as linked? It looks narrower.
Great idea!

Just got my LOM shipping notification!

20 characters of checking my email…

So envious…! Just checked mine and nothing yet.

20 characters of got mine too!

Got mine too!!! Exciting times.

Just got my LOM shipping notification too. Can’t wait!