Fields We Found - Thanks

Very happy to announce the pre-order is now up for my upcoming album ‘Thanks’ on the wonderful label Ambientologist. Huge appreciation to them for the support and Ian Hawgood for the fantastic job he did on the mastering.

From the Bandcamp page:

Thanks’ is an album of simplicity, inspiration and most of all, gratitude, by synthesist and sound artist Fields We Found.

Performed live, the album utilises the space between its swells of electronic and sampled tones, intertwining layers of charming melody. Humble in its expression, perhaps best described in the modest prose of the artist himself:

“To show my love and gratitude to everyone who’s helped me discover my true voice.
Music inspired by memories and emotions entwined together, interactions and conversations buried in the past.
Hazy nostalgia and dreamlike positivity, hoping to find connections between us all.”

Recorded straight to 1/4” tape using: Emu Emax HD, Korg Mono/Poly, Elektron Octatrack, Endorphins Shuttle System, OTO/Chase Bliss/CooperFX/Bastl effects, Roland RE-201, and various tape machines.

~

All tracks composed and performed by Fields We Found
Mastering by Ian Hawgood
Photograph by Fields We Found
Design by Ambientologist

8 Likes

Hi all

Hope all good!

I’ve been humbled to the fantastic response to the release of my debut album - we’ve had such a great couple of weeks and Bandcamp Friday, we’ve extended the name your price until this Friday - so you can pick it up for free or whatever you can afford :heart:

Making it to the first page of Bandcamp ambient bestsellers was a bit of an overwhelming experience - huge thanks to everyone here who supported the release.

Ambient soundscapes inspired by friends, connections and synchronicity - hope you enjoy!

Done a few posts talking about the gear and processes, can see them here if any interest

Instagram.com/fieldswefound

Much love

Fields We Found

15 Likes

heard give on NTS yesterday and hunted down your release on bandcamp. wonderful to see that you’re here on lines! :rainbow:

5 Likes

Thanks so much @tehn! Nailah’s show was beautiful, great to be on with such fantastic artists. Can check it here if anyone missed it

Richard Heinemann played a wonderful show I was lucky enough to be included on too, well worth a listen

Posted about it here

The album was recorded straight to 1/4” tape using: Emu Emax HD, Korg Mono/Poly, Elektron Octatrack, Endorphins Shuttle System, OTO/Chase Bliss/CooperFX/Bastl effects, Roland RE-201, and various tape machines.

Happy to chat about the process if anyone’s interested :heart:

As it’s been a month since Thanks was released, it’s name your price for Bandcamp Friday so you can pick it up for free or whatever you can afford :heart:

Much love to anyone who’s supported so far, really means a lot

1 Like

This sounds great. Just checked out Drops. I’ll be listening some more and picking this up soon.

Ah thanks @100 hopes you enjoy, much appreciated :pray:

1 Like