Film and Alt-Process Photography

+1 to that. I picked up a 100mm Super Takumar for something like £60 and it’s way more fun than my cannon zooms:

https://www.pentaxforums.com/lensreviews/Super-Multi-Coated-MACRO-TAKUMAR-100mm-F4-Macro.html

Unfortunately most Nokton lenses are still quite costly…

both pentax primes i have are excellent and insanely affordable (smc-a 28/2.8 was $30 and just beautiful)

First experiments with diafilm and cross processing

Latest results (expired film)

I used to shoot a lot of film in my art school days.

I primarily shot transparencies in 8x10 large format and 6x6cm medium format. I also did some hand printing of color negative film, which was a joy and privilege. I feel sad I don’t have access to those facilities anymore.

These are two images I shot in large format, after sneaking into industrial areas. It was quite a task getting my massive view camera over the chainlink fences, but it all added to the thrill. The security guard who caught me once really did not know what to make of me, hiding under my dark cloth like an old time portrait photographer. The sheer novelty of it prevented me from getting in too much trouble. :wink:

botany-study2

botany-study1

They were lambda printed as two large transparencies, and installed in two 1x1.25m light boxes. I was really happy with them. These small digital versions do not do them justice. The level of detail and color quality was really something to behold.

Weird super 8 and 16mm animation since childhood :slight_smile: Need to get back into it tho, not done much for ages. :frowning: Recently telecine’d some 16mm test + pinhole footage but little of it is usable for anything but texture layers ha. So here’s some olde stuff instead:

There is nothing like a lit transparency. It is a shocking, i mean literally breathtaking, medium to behold.

More:

XPAN2 shooter here!

favourite film stock?

me:
Ilford SFX200
long exposure = TMax100