First release from Active Listeners Club

Hello lovely people,

Been a lurker for a while and now I have something to share. Here to tell you about a new label I have started with my friend Ramtin Niazi: Active Listeners Club.

We’re based out of Tehran and our main goal is to put out immersive, conflicting and ephemeral sounds. Music about listening, about music. We take the act of listening seriously but we aren’t serious people!

Formant Fry, our first release by Ramtin and myself, was released a few days ago. It’s a collection of tunes made with VCV Rack, the Mutable Instruments clones + qwelk modules in particular. A healthy amount of “Jon Benjamin Has a Van” samples in there too. :slightly_smiling_face: At the heart of the modulation network is qwelk’s N.E.W.S run in S&H mode. With the right input signal and Offset modulation you can get some pretty neat “organic” modulation patterns. We really wanted the album to not hurt the ears at louder volumes, so we asked the excellent Porya Hatami to do the mastering. Hope you enjoy!

Expect another release this month by an excellent Tehran-based producer, Pantea!

Some codes for Formant Fry:

va93-wmjf
96tl-hg8a
n3nq-vb77
maa6-gwqv
b99k-3xy8
5332-xq2n
8vv5-j8wj
2fgg-k2ly
aaun-ghqr
j6wm-uggt

Enjoy!

14 Likes

cool, will def keep an eye on the label - Pantea’s tape from earlier this year has been a recent favorite

1 Like

Ace. I grabbed 5332-xq2n. Much obliged.

1 Like

Thanks, I grabbed maa6-gwqv

1 Like

Thanks, I’m liking it already! I took code b99k-3xy8.

1 Like