> flash crash: new year's day 2022

reading up on this again and it sounds like a BLAST
can we setup another round?? (monthly? quarterly?)

5 Likes

i would like to report a crash

but alas:

@scanner_darkly DONT TEMPT ME

@Zeke_B absolutely.

@glia i’d love that!

practicing my code routine

5 Likes

If flash crash became a regular thing I might be tempted to work out an actual camera set up and join in

3 Likes

old phones are great for this. between my wife and i we had a couple lying around. i use a very old phone all my streaming duties.

2 Likes

I definitely don’t have fast enough internet for streaming but if this happens again I will absolutely submit a pre recorded contribution!!

3 Likes

overhauled v22411:

8 Likes

3 wise men once told me that Maths always goes on the left

6 Likes

yeah i woke up in the middle of the night like “GREAT SCOTT” and was counting HP instead of sheep.

maths is especially powerful with TT on such a small rack because you get to turn two trigs into whatever the hell maths does. in this case it is probably going to be lots of sound design stuff with bia…

4 Likes

prizes announced up above!

4 Likes

After an excruciating wait, I finally got Teletype in the mail today only to discover it has a manufacturing defect and will likely need to be returned.

It’s also raining all weekend. So, uh, no pressure but this event is the only thing tethering me to existence.

Please make heinous mistakes so that I may live vicariously through your performances. Godspeed :pray:

7 Likes

FRAR NOT. i have such a bad mistake in mine i feel like richard d james is going to come knocking at my door to revoke my musician’s license. (i prerecorded since i’m backup on tech stuff)

5 Likes

Tonight’s the night.

I should seriously get on this live coding madness too, it’s a whole lot of fun. I don’t have a monome teletype but recently managed to get access to norns teletype in the unix sense ie /dev/tty so that’s a great livecoding opportunity if the concept can be flexed a little bit lol :joy:. Next time i hope!

Looking forward to the performances tonight!!! :star:

@tyleretters should Richie do such a thing, I¹ can shall be happy to grant you a new license.

¹ or any living, dead, or yet-to-come human being

2 Likes

Maybe the next flash crash can be open to multiple live coding platforms? (If I keep saying ‘next flash crash’ like it’s a thing, then hopefully it’ll become a thing)

4 Likes

I think there is value in sometimes also setting constrains/focus as themes, language, the setting, or gear etc, like today focusing on this one gizmo – the monome teletype (and trying to crash it :crossed_fingers: haha).

Looking forward to tonight!!

2 Likes

this one was open to other coding platforms, but i dont think any non-teletypers signed up… but who knows, if someone crashes their teletype hard enough in preparation they might have to perform on something else :stuck_out_tongue: smoldering teletype in the background…

4 Likes

@xmacex thank you. it was the heat of the moment! i was excited! i was rushed! i swear i can tell the difference between inputs and outputs…

@nonverbalpoetry yeah @renegog is right, it was open to any platform. i was unsure if there’d be enough signups of any one so it was a bit of a hedge. what platform/language are you working with?

and yes, there seems to be a lot of energy and demand around this being A Recursive Thing so there will be / already are more. :sparkles:

9 Likes

does this mean you’ll be streaming the creation of the next signup sheet at the end?

3 Likes

hahah yes!! the question is what is a good frequency? quarterly maybe?

2 Likes

Aaaaand soundchecks have started, scheduled start in 8 minutes → https://twitch.tv/lines_community

:popcorn:

I spent thirty minutes with virtual teletype on VCV Rack earlier today to try to better understand what teletype actually even is. I couldn’t produce sound but I think I got some idea… excited :star2:

4 Likes

Hope everyone participating and watching has a brilliant time! Go Team #FlashCrash!

6 Likes