Flora workshops: June 6th and 20th

I am pleased to announce that I will be hosting two online workshops on the 6th and 20th of June with Music Hackspace to explore the Flora script for monome norns:

Workshop #1: An introduction to Flora for monome norns

• Date: Sun 6th June
  • Time: 6pm UK / 7pm Berlin / 1pm NYC / 10am LA
  • 2-hour workshop

Workshop #2: Digging deeper into Flora for monome norns

• Date: Sun 20th June
  • Time: 6pm UK / 7pm Berlin / 1pm NYC / 10am LA
  • 2-hour workshop

The cost of each workshop session is £12.90 (~$18), excluding taxes.

You may use the links to the two workshops above to register and find additional details, including information about how to get the registration fees waived if you would like to attend but can’t afford the cost. I am also happy to answer any questions or concerns.

Last of all, many, many thanks are due to the wonderful and fabulous @dan_derks for his encouragement and for connecting me with the lovely folks at Music Hackspace!

28 Likes

Just signed up. Can’t wait to actually know what I’m doing. I love Flora, but it’s currently more of a happy accident then making music😁

1 Like

20 characters of Tempting …

1 Like

I’ve just signed up for the two workshops!

1 Like

Is there a chance that these will be made available to view after the fact, as the Cheat Codes workshops were? I’d love to do these, but I have work at the times they would be occurring live.

2 Likes

@Ex-Anti Yes, recordings will be available after the workshops have concluded.

6 Likes

Wonderful! I can’t wait!

1 Like

Hi everyone, the Music Hackspace site (links above) has been updated with details about how to attend the workshops if the registration fees are a barrier to attending.

4 Likes

I don’t know how I missed this, how exciting!!

2 Likes

The introduction to Flora workshop is tomorrow :open_mouth:

Basic instructions for Flora’s UI have been added to the Music Hackspace portal – you’ll get a reminder email from MH tomorrow with access details. The instructions that have been added to the portal are the same as those found on each screen of Flora (accessed by pressing the K1+K2 buttons). We’ll also make these available at the start of the workshop over Zoom.

Please let me know if there are any questions or concerns here or via DM.

I am super excited to see everyone tomorrow!

9 Likes

Email received, thank you Hackspace!

Really looking forward to it! :seedling: :leaves:

3 Likes

This is great, just what I needed. Will be joining today. Hopefully it wasn’t to late to register now?

1 Like

@Knivtid I am pretty sure you can register up to the last second or maybe even after the course has already started.

See you and @Helen and everyone else shortly!

4 Likes

Quick question before the workshop begins: Will you be showing us how to use a controller during this session or will it strictly be on the Norns? I ask because I want to have a controller handy if you’ll be using one. Thanks and see you soon!

1 Like

Yes, I’ll be demonstrating the 16n and OMX-27 so feel free to bring yours. This is totally optional. While they be reviewed towards the end of the session, controllers will not be a major focus of today’s session.

4 Likes

thanks @jaseknighter flora rocks!

4 Likes

Thanks @jaseknighter! Great workshop!

4 Likes

Thank you @jaseknighter, our glamorous TAs :grin:, Laura from Hackspace & all fellow co-gardeners!
:seedling:

3 Likes

Great workshop! Thank you very much.

2 Likes

a few folks brought this up, but having a dedicated time to sit down and have in-the-moment guidance led to some really bonkers-lovely discoveries, just mindfully changing one or two parameters at a time. you’ve created something that lives and breathes, thank you for taking the time to shepherd us through it + sharing it with us!!! :leaves:

6 Likes