Hey all, hoping someone out there has done the homework so I can copy it.
I’d like to take a CV reading on a crow input and do some math on the frequency in hz that CV represents, then pump the result out of the crow outputs.
I’m hoping there’s an equation somewhere describing the relationship between cv and the frequency in hz that is already solved for cv and for frequency.
I searched around on the internet and found something that might be close:
freq = 55.0*2^(cv+.25)
When I tried to use it in my Lua script (and learned about math.log(n) along the way) the results weren’t what I was expecting. So I’m not sure if the equation is wrong (or more likely my solving for cv).
My hope is to do the following:
- get the input voltage from crow
- convert that input voltage to frequency
- do some math on the frequency (multiply by 3, for example)
- convert the mathed up frequency back to control voltage
- send that control voltage on a crow output
What I could use a hand with (or pointer to something to read etc) is the equation that describes how CV maps to frequency.
Thanks for any and all help and direction!