Friends & Neighbors and Scott Burton Feb 20 in Richmond, Virginia @ Spacebomb Studios

Just got added to this great show that I only found out about by being added to it, so wanted to pass the word along to anyone in and around the Richmond area about this sweet band from Norway called Friends & Neighbors.

I’ll be playing guitar and breaking in my new Intellijel Palette case with mostly Mannequins stuff. More info below:

Thursday February 20
Doors @ 7:30 music @ 8
$5-10 suggested donation
Spacebomb Studios
106 S Robinson St
Richmond, VA 23220

The Norwegian/Swedish quintet Friends & Neighbors was formed in 2009 in Trondheim, Norway. Since their first record, “No Beat Policy” in 2011, they have released three more powerful albums, and established themselves as a force to be reckoned with on the Scandinavian jazz scene. The band is clearly defined by the five members’ strong individual voices as players and composers. Their long experience playing together gives the music a clear and distinct sound. Stretching from melodic ballads to hard swinging free-bop and powerful free jazz, they keep the collective sound intact, showing influences from a wide spectrum of jazz history. The band has been touring extensively for years, including concerts Europe, USA, Japan, New Zealand and Australia.

2 Likes

As a newish resident of rva and modular enthusiast I will be there and I’ll bring my nerd friends with me.

And I just realized it’s 5 blocks from my front door. Yay

1 Like

i’ll try to make this, thanks!

1 Like

Damn, I wish I saw this sooner so I could’ve made plans to drive down. Best wishes with your performance!

hey good to see more RVA folk on here!

1 Like

20 characters of thanks!

1 Like

They’ve called for 2 inches, so the city’s on lockdown lol

1 Like

Thanks for the peeps that could make it—the show went great and Friends & Neighbors was amazing! Hopefully we’ll be able to do more shows like that in the future.

I keep using my W/ in a live improvised setting, and it keeps working great. I’ve gotten some glitches when at home, but never yet in performance.

love that studio, interested to hear how it works as a venue

1 Like

It was really a great vibe, especially for smaller acoustic-y or not super loud stuff. Knowing those dudes for as long as I have, it’s been super inspiring seeing them make this new space so warm and inviting.

1 Like