Full Modular EP release "no_data"

Hey,

I just released my new EP “no_data”, I only used my modular on this one, featuring TELETYPE as the heart of every patches.

Hope you guys will enjoy it :relaxed:

cheers

10 Likes

really fantastic stuff dude.

Haven’t listened to all of it yet, but “m dOOow” stands out.

1 Like

sounds great-- would love to hear a few words about your approach to using TT compositionally.

I mainly use the TT as a “macro” controller in the patches. For example i generate a CV sequence ( i will explain the how later ) with one of the Patterns that will control my Mannequin - COLDMAC survey button and assign the out to a lot of stuff. Then i will make the sequence evolve or vary ( with PROB of CV.SLEW or whatever).

I do the same type of stuff with rhythm. They are most of the time randomly generated in a Pattern slot ( i like the concept of appreciation over preliminary reflexions ) and TOSSed by gates whenever another trigger is activated. I also use the decimal to binary script to stock sequences and recall them when i need 'em.
But just consider those triggers as backbones of the final rhythms because they are modified after popping out of the TT ( clock dividers…).

Another thing to consider is that my modular is quite small so i try to interconnect things the best I can.

So as TT is the base of every gate/modulations and that everything influence everything i can make drastic changes by only turning the PARAM button and modifying the IN ( and soon or later maybe will be able to turn 5 of them :innocent: ).

Don’t know if i succeeded clarifying the process, if not let me know :slight_smile:

2 Likes

[quote=“martinmestres, post:5, topic:2785”]
I mainly use the TT as a “macro” controller in the patches. For example i generate a CV sequence ( i will explain the how later ) with one of the Patterns that will control my Mannequin - COLDMAC survey button and assign the out to a lot of stuff. Then i will make the sequence evolve or vary ( with PROB of CV.SLEW or whatever).
[/quote]I have hesitated forever without trying this but will definitely push fwd with this idea

And you can also put audio signals into COLDMAC IN’s and use the outs for FM or AM or whatever you want…

great tip! i love doing that

hadnt paired tt and cm for cv games though

coldmac is such a mystery to me. really interesting to hear/read about your multiple uses of it.

You can do a lot of stuff with that thing, i would advise you to read that tried on muff: Patching ColdMac , great explanations and alternative manual. But i will be honest with you, for the use i have of it, i think i m gonna switch it back for a mutable instruments Frames…

1 Like

This is really good. not what I expected from a modular only set of tracks. Thanks!

Dig it, Martin!

20 char…

Nice work! :grin:
What reverb module/unit did you use?

For those tracks i used VALHALLA VINTAGEVERB as ambiance generator and EVENTIDE SPACE or CLOUDS PARASITE REVERB for some of the drones sound design :slight_smile:

1 Like