Extreme sound stretcher and harmoniser.
(Demo uses four samples kindly provided by @tehn in the norns default image under
dust/audio/tehn - whirl1, whirl2, mancini1 and mancini2)
- Stretch audio samples to the extreme, until they are almost frozen in time
- Four separate audio buffers that can be manipulated
- Add multi-octave harmonisation
- Create movement and space with panning LFO
- Based on Paulstretch algorithm
Hello everyone! I’ve been a lines reader for a while, but only recently created an account. Thanks for being so welcoming and open.
This is my attempt to bring Paulstretch to the Norns platform. I’ve added multiple voices, harmonisation, and panning LFOs to help create multi layered dynamic textures.
This is a first prototype and I’m keen to get feedback on the current set of functionality, and hear what others would like added. I’m also expecting some bugs to pop up!
This wouldn’t be possible without the amazing work of others. Reading through community code and messages here has taught me a tonne.
Particular thanks to:
- @justmat for otis and pools
- @cfd90 for twine
- @dan_derks for cheat codes 2 and for making my first experience with monome super awesome
- @infinitedigits for granchild
- paulnasca for Paulstretch
- jpdrecourt for the supercollider port of paulstretch
- @tehn @zebra and everyone else in the community for norns and all the knowledge, advice, and creativity that is shared on lines.
Install through the community catalogue on Maiden (don’t forget to refresh)
Be sure to restart to make sure Glacial Engine is loaded.