Glitchlets

20 characters of You rule!!!

1 Like

hi, again, nice work :slight_smile: like all ur scripts. one issue with midi clock sync. after i put sync on the ui dosnt show any (no waveform).

1 Like

it still warps the noiz but the audio waveform graphics disappear.
the controls along the top and the numbers jumping around are still there.
seems to stay in sync with MIDI clock.

1 Like

I’m sorry if this is a total noob question. I just got my norns today and whenever I try to install glitchlets I get a missing warb error. Is there something I’m missing?

1 Like

@SPIKE @kr3ativsein it sounds like you have the same issue! i can’t get the issue to happen on mine though by just setting the clock to midi. are you actively syncing with midi when this happens?

@opaqe you just need to restart! since there is a new engine, it requires recompiling the supercollider library which will happen on restart.

1 Like

Ah thank you!! That was it, I guess I was just too eager. I’m already in love with it.

1 Like

yeah…i generally have MIDI clock as a default on norns.

i’m getting ready for a noiz session and i just did a test…

i set clock to be Internal and the waveform graphics appear.
as soon as i set clock to MIDI they disappear.

looks like this:

1 Like

yes exactly same behavior.

1 Like

@kr3ativsein @SPIKE should be fixed! uploaded a new version: v0.2.1

the issue was that glitchlets resets loop lengths / ui on a tempo change and it turns out that a midi sync tempo makes tiny adjustments constantly to the tempo (varying ~0.1%) and those changes were constantly triggering ui-reset and loop-length reset. i added in tolerance for that so it should just work! lmk if it doesn’t.

7 Likes

all fixed!
as seen on Insta…
:stuck_out_tongue:
https://www.instagram.com/p/CGe8C-XpLVy/
THANK YOU!!!

3 Likes

thank you! one question about dry/wet because i use it with a sendbus.
if i bring the volume for monitor down i got only the effekt output right?

still loving this program… getting a little closer to it, getting better at using it intentionally. even started to figure out how to remove the glitch sectors - made for a nice bit of dry-wet-dry type of arc.

clip from a much longer improvisation. drone box and vss-30 into glitchlets, plumbutter by itself. teeny bit of reverb from ableton.

5 Likes

@reallok love the sound of your clip! it sounds so alien i love it.

@kr3ativsein thanks for sharing, that’s a cool beat! as to dry/wet you are right that you just need to bring down volume for monitor. however, the code prevents this because it turns the monitor to “1” (full) after glitches stop. its easy to fix though, i’ll add in a parameter for leveling out the monitor manually.

1 Like

hey ya @infinitedigits!
(just an FYI)
so…i ran into a crazy crash with Glitchlets last night.
this was running on a Shield norns with external MIDI sync.
of course maiden wasn’t open.
things went back to normal for the duration of last night’s session after a restart. :slight_smile:

1 Like

having a ton of fun with this script, curious if anyone has any advice on how to get rid of the clicky/pop sounding noise that occurs with the glitches? seems to happen on any type of sound i try. i’ve been using izotope de-click after recording from the norns but would love to find a workaround without having to use any external vsts/gear

1 Like

I can take a look at the sc code. I have some insights now that I didn’t have last year that may make it a little better :slight_smile:

at the same time I will investigate this !

5 Likes