As someone who’s always been more of a dreamer then a do-er, 2017 was a pretty exciting year for me. I graduated college, explored and traveled across the US pretty much as constantly as I could, got married, started a wedding photography business with my wife (theforwardsphoto.com), bought a house to remodel and flip, played live more then ever, and started building my eurorack!
I’m hoping to keep this newfound drive going in 2018, so here are some goals!
-Book At least 20 weddings, with at least a few being out of state (we already have 13 for the first half of the year, so we’re on our way!)
- Learn more about seo and marketing, we pretty much exclusively rely on instagram posts and word of mouth right now.
- Learn more about building/coding websites. I built our website using Wordpress and really enjoyed the process. So I would love to keep learning, and possibly build some more websites.
- write, record, release, and hopefully gig some rock based music with my brother-in-law.
- do the same by myself with modular/ambient music
- book more gigs playing the drums
- get more involved in the music community (both irl and online)
- at least an hour of technical instrument or theory practice a day
- find a balance between not buying modules, and having a system that works for me
- finish remodeling our house by the end of spring
- exercise at least 4 times a week
- take more creative/personal project photos
- read more
- keep traveling and taking risks (not at all my natural tendencies)
- be a good husband and friend, don’t let all these things and dreams take priority over what’s really important.
Sorry for the long post! Just excited about the new year and possibilities!