Going to Berlin

I’m also a Brit who has never had anything but great, friendly & helpful service at Schneider’s. This very much looks like it came from a place of frustration. Thinking back to referendum result day, I recall quite a lot of despair from those of us who figured we were better united than divided. Let’s also consider that the U.K. “representative” within the EU was a certain Mr. Nigel Farage. I’m not at all surprised that there was a certain amount of cynicism doing the rounds at that point.

1 Like

Patch Point is a great place!!

1 Like

For me it reads “look at us Germans being superior” and I think there’s already too much of that kind of scary nationalistic rhetoric in Germany at the moment.

I talked to Andreas that very day and he is a big supporter of the European Union; the sentiment here and with many Germans is/was that the UK never fully committed to the EU by then/now anyway, keeping their own currency.
The whole Brexit thing is just like another death nail into the idea of a European Union and in the end is a clear sign of the right wing winning, brainwashing the UK into voting “leave”. It is a shame.
Of course there is a lot of polemic in that tweet that obviously did not gel well and can be rated as awkward, clumsy, depending on how much you know the person. If you think that “SchneidersLaden” which is not one person but obviously highly identified as Andreas or the guy himself is racist, nationalistic or anything like that, I can reassure you, he is not, totally opposite.
Also, I think the current SchneidersLaden team rocks hard but in the end you can discard my opinions and input here as invalid as I work for Mr. Schneider but not for SchneidersLaden. Patchpoint is bringing nice brands to Berlin, top job.

7 Likes

Well of course you can interpret that in any way you like, but calling them racist was quite a dangerous and harmful thing to do. I suggest thinking twice before saying stuff like that as it can really cause unnecessary drama for them. I also highly doubt they are German nationalists.

4 Likes

Celtic will win the World Cup

Seems like he’s quite the opposite of a nationalist. It appears he believes in a strong European Union based on his comments, and is upset that the far right won in Britain.

Hey all - going to be in berlin until the 22nd. Anything of particular note or cool shows or anything I should make a point to see?
Thanks!

Just some random input… Check out https://www.kulturtechnik.hu-berlin.de/de/hzk/tieranatomisches-theater/ if you are into nice and weird locations apart from the usual berlin jazz.

1 Like

For people going to Berlin and wanting to find cool shows to go to, I’ve made an event feed which I’ve called Experimental Berlin. If you’d have any feedback to share, I’d be happy to hear it!

9 Likes

Awesome, thanks a lot!

1 Like

Thank you so much! I#m in the neighborhood and always wished for this feed. See you around :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback you guys! :slight_smile: Incidentally, my TLS certificate just expired, so the site was temporarily inaccessible, but I updated the certificate and we’re back in business.

I should also mention that if you’re logged into the site, you’re able to mark whether you’re interested or going to an event and you can keep track of such events on your profile page. I find this functionality pretty useful myself :stuck_out_tongue: I plan to add notifications when events you’re interested in change (e.g. time), but we’re not quite there yet.

4 Likes

Gosh this topic is a pure gem! Would anybody recommend/advise on regards of attending studio time, learn mixing for a limited time, any workshops, classes to attend? I would really like to learn something mixing-wise (hardware preferable) while being in Berlin.

So I’ve now moved to Berlin! (four days ago)

I’m going to be revisiting this thread and exploring all the things people mentioned which I didn’t make it to before. And should hopefully have more useful recommendations of my own.

Is anyone else from llllllll currently living here?

7 Likes

Congrats on the move @jwhiles! I don’t live in Berlin, but I’ll be visiting July 1-7 — it’s my favorite city. Would also love to meet up with fellow lines folks while I’m there.

Sup. I live here :slight_smile: So does @lijnenspel. Feel free to be in touch!

2 Likes

Visited Berlin for the first time in March, I loved it and would love to go back! Congrats on the move!

A few things i could definitely recommend:

Rhinoçéros Bar, which is up in the P-Berg area, was the single coolest bar I have ever been too.
It’s a hi-fi jazz listening bar, with absolutely amazing cocktails and charcuterie plates, friendly and awesome bartenders (say hi to Maxime for me!), super cozy and small with just a few tables and a 4-top bar. Highly recommended!

Also, there is no shortage of good food, however Umami Berlin had some of the best Pho I have ever tasted, and it’s a cute little traditional Vietnamese place with good prices.

2 Likes

Spending my time in Berlin currently and I must say I love this city. I can recommend visiting Blacklist bar for its gorgeous 60s interior design. I was passing by in the bus, saw it and couldn’t resist the temptation to get in. Get there in the evening time to feel the vibe. Cheers.

2 Likes

So Berlinsters, I’m hopefully gonna go to this SM-LL show SM-LL, Conditional, FLUF - July European Mini-Tour next month. Is anyone else attending?

2 Likes