Going to Berlin

People also say good things about Dark Matter, so check it out if you have a chance.

1 Like

I have visited. Worth checking out.

Artwise, there still is a biennale happening.

2 Likes

Highly recommend checking this festival in silent green (wedding) on 22/09 - 25/09.

Bendik Giske, Carmen Villain, Perila and many more.

Future soundscapes

For museums, my favorite would be

• Gropius Bau (currently there is an exhibition of Louise Bourgeois)
  • for photos 1) C/O (usually worth checking out what Is going on there at the moment) and 2) Berlinische Galerie (there is an exhibition of Sibylle Bergemann
  • Gemäldegalerie (for fine arts)
  • Barberini (in Potsdam)

For live music, or a bit of dancing, I guess it was mentioned already, but I would repeat:

• loophole
  • sameheads
  • arkaoda
  • kwia (for a chill listening session lying on a nice rug with a cocktail in superb interior :slight_smile:

Lastly, it’s worth checking KM28 for events (see Their insta), but also for example there will be an event with Peter blasser and other folks Sound portraits

2 Likes

I’ll wind up at Volksbühne tonight for this, say hello if you see me. Sparks sweatshirt and hanging out with a couple of friends with magnificent beards.

Day after edit- Was that a Colin Stetson cameo in Caterina Barbieri’s set? Or is someone else doing a similar Sax kind of thing?

1 Like

I’m going to future soundscapes tonight, possibly by myself. If anyone else is going and wants to say hi, send me a message :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I missed the Caterina Barbieri concern in Berlin but saw her more recently on tour in London. What a brilliant set! No sax though. Listening around on Spotify I see she’s done a collaboration with a sax player called Bendik Giske who uses a lot of extended techniques along the same lines as Colin Stetson. The track is called ‘Fantas for Saxophone and Voice’: (Spotify) . Could this be the person?

Also, as a little update on my trip to Berlin last month, I was very grateful for the recommendations and did indeed make a trip to Patch Point as suggested. I ended up spending all my time there playing with the Ciat-Lonbarde Cocoquantus, and have since made a short song which incorporates the stereo tracks that I recorded from the Cocoquantus on the day (the thumb piano and deep percussion sounds) along with a few other tracks I added afterwards (baritone sax, prophet 6 pad, electronic wind instrument solo). Here it is in case of any interest!

1 Like

Will be in Berlin early Jan on work (plus a few free days) I am on a museum courier trip. I am a UK person. Last time I went to Berlin there was a wall! Curious about nice bars to go to in evening. Any good live stuff going on between the 6th and the 12th jan?

I read a review of the Nosferatu exhibition which is on my provisional list- anyone seen it ? any good?

richard

Is anyone going to the Ocean / Karnivool concert this Saturday? If so, let me know! A friend is unable to go and I have a second ticket :slight_smile:

1 Like

Pretty pumped about transmediale 2023-02-01 to 2023-02-05 and CTM 2023-01-27 to 2023-02-05, Berlin. A major new media art festival thing with a bunch of talks, performances. CTM starts this week.

2 Likes

i’ll be going to the CTM performance of Maryanne Amacher’s »GLIA« at radialsystem, i’ve always wanted to experience her work live.

2 Likes

Cool! I might go to that performance as well (the one on Feb 2). Was actually planning to go to the event right after on the same day: Spaces Unfolding Within Spaces :: CTM - but I just saw that that one’s already sold out.