Gregory Bell - wisp (EP)

I’ve just released my second EP (wisp), which is comprehensively inspired by the people of lines and the exceptional music of this community. The tracks are quiet, spacious. The most important elements in my process for this album: 50 year old Wurlitzer, Prophet 6, Kaivo, Analog Heat, field recordings, Red Panda Tensor, Make Noise DPO. Also Neutron and Ozone - they have made me faster and more precise.

My next project will be centered on a specific felted piano library I’m finding great joy in exploring.

• Greg
7 Likes

Beautiful. Thanks for sharing.

Loving this so much! Can’t wait to hear what comes of the felted piano project.

:raised_hands: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :raised_hands:

Thank you @marcus_fischer, @kev, @RABID! I really appreciate the positive feedback.

If you don’t mind saying, is it the new one from Spitfire? Or their free LABS one? I really like what Dan Derks did with the latter on Phylum.

Exactly @Jet - it’s the felted piano in ‘Olafur Arnolds Composer Toolkit’.

Here’s an example of what it can do (early draft from the new project):

I love LABS as well, and more generally I love the spirit of generosity and quality in all those Spitfire videos & libraries.

[edit: just noticed there’s a newer felted upright that @Jet was probably referring to. tempting…]

1 Like

listened to this on repeat on my way to work this morning - lovely stuff! thanks for sharing