Grid 64, 128, 256 Beta Testers

I’m looking for some volunteers to help beta test a new M4L instrument. I very much want it to be fully compatible with all grids. The working tagline is:

an interactive environment for designing 2d sound ecologies with grid and live

Beta testing would include: read the docs, install it, run through a short testing script, maybe try to play with it, and report results back to me. The primary goal of beta testing is to ensure compatibility with different grids.

DM me or respond in the thread if you have any interest and time! I’m hoping to have a release ready this weekend.

4 Likes

I’m very interested! Feel free to dm me here or reach me at arithmetikatl@gmail.com

Kindly,

Christopher

1 Like

I have an old 40h, is testing with that of interest?

1 Like

@asaunders absolutely. I didn’t know 40s existed.

@Arithmetikmusiq :pray:

i’m in if you need it
i have a bv 256
a 1st edition 256
and the last 128 model

1 Like

@pauk Yes, please!! Thank you.

1 Like

looking up the history, turns out I actually have a “series 64” from 2007 rather than a 40h (which is 64 buttons as well)

" “series” 64, 128, 256 – 2007-2010

smaller keypads than the 40h. mitred-frame walnut enclosure, plate embedded/framed within enclosure, orange LEDs. rubber “noodle” slip guard on bottom. burned brand “monome” on bottom. 256 and 128 shipped with external power supply. bus power upgrade offered later. 64 bus powered and included tilt sensor. 256 and 128 not tilt upgradeable."

2 Likes

Ah I see. Yeah this is great, I’m pretty confident that 256s will work just find but I’m especially curious about testing on 64s. I designed the menus from the start with 64s in mind and I’m pretty proud of how they turned out.

2 Likes

I have a GS64 (non-varibright) and could probably do some beta testing for you.

1 Like

i’ve got the walnut varibright 128 and 64, down to help.

1 Like

I have a GS64, Live9 and M4live. Able and happy to test in the next 48h.

1 Like

I’m happy to beta!
Walnut 64 user here.

1 Like

new 128 here…
super down to try!
thanks for making cool thangs!

1 Like

Wow thanks for al the support everyone!! You’ll all be getting DMs from me when we’re ready!

1 Like

I am in too. Write me a dm I have a grid 128 about 4 years old.

The first beta test email just went out. If you didn’t get an email from me please DM me with your email address. I think I got everyone but want to make sure! So stoked for this!! Thank you.

We can probably close the thread now, too.

2 Likes