[grid] is a vanilla pd abstraction for communicating with grids.
[grid] is my vanilla pure data abstraction for making grid I/O easy. When I first got my grid I wanted to use it in pd patches, but the serialosc abstraction on the pd grid studies page was out of date and required additional externals to work in current vanilla versions of pd, so I built my own that is 100% vanilla.
I’ve been using this in my personal patches for a while and it has been working well so I thought I’d share. (if this is in the wrong subforum feel free to move it!)
- Connects to the first serialosc device only, and assumes that it is a grid.
- Has some funky behavior if you have two [grid] objects in one patch.
- May be a little inflexible in other ways - tell me if you spot any!
I would love to fix some of these, but I don’t have access to any setup with multiple serialosc devices so I wouldn’t be able to test whatever solution I came up with.
- grid - varibright is supported, but any grid should work
- puredata vanilla (purr-data should also work, but I’ve not tested it)
Documentation is accessible from inside pd by right-clicking a [grid] object, or looking in the grid-help.pd file in the download.
Installation: download the zip or clone the git repo, unpack into a folder, and make sure that it’s in your pd path (add the folder in pd’s file->settings->path window)