Grid not working – solved

I bought a grid second hand and it is unfortuanetly not working – maybe I’m missing something.

I tried it with my Shields and my M1 Macbook Air (serialosc installed). The buttons light up shortly, but that’s it. I can’t select the grids in Shields nor does it show up in Mark eats sequencer. Any help is much appreciated. The grid is a june 2021.

I recently had the same issue with a 2021 grid, was working fine for a few weeks and then became unresponsive to my monome eurorack modules as well as Macbook Pro (did the power up button flicker thing, then would remain unlit and unresponsive). I emailed monome support and in my case the best solution was to ship monome my unresponsive board for a replacement. Contact monome, they’ll help you out!

2 Likes

Using a different usb-c cable seems to have solved the issue

1 Like

Awesome, that’s an easy fix! I also tried different USB-C cables, also tried powering with different style adapters (along with the Expressive-E ground loop adapter) to no avail. If others continue to run into the same issue, I’d still suggest contacting monome, they’re super helpful and great!

2 Likes

20 characters of i totally agree

1 Like