Grid ops / integration

teletype

Yes! That would be fantastic! :slight_smile:

For context, this scene I’m performing with tonight has to initialize 4 synced TXo metro triggers, 3 TXo envelopes, 5(!) TXo LFOs, 3 TXi knobs, 3 TXi CV inputs, 13 groups of buttons, and 8 groups of 8 faders. I’m doing all the Telex setup in another scene and the grid plus running controls in another scene. I think I have one unused line of code in the second scene!

3 Likes

… dreaming of SCENE.G :star_struck:

If there’s anything I can do to help this along, please let me know. :beer::burrito::doughnut:

i’ll try to get to it within the next couple of weeks.

1 Like

:heart_eyes:

What kind of beer (or nosebleedy ginger beer, wine, etc) do you like?

IPA, but no beer is necessary :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Confused. I thought that beer was always necessary. Didn’t Homer say that beer was “the cause of, and solution to, all of life’s problems”? Or something like that?

Thanks for all that you do for the ecosystem!!

:wink:

7 Likes

d’oh! i should’ve phrased it better :slight_smile: half of grid teletype integration was powered by IPA! (and probably a couple of bugs)

5 Likes

I don’t have a grid, but I do have a teletupe. Is it possible to use the grid part of teletype without a hardware grid? I imagine it’s like a 16x16 array of bools. Obvious use: store rhythmic information?

Yes, the grid visualizer mode works really well!

1 Like

yep as @jnoble mentions you can use the grid visualizer to emulate grid. and yes, you could treat virtual buttons as booleans (and faders can be used to store integer values).

also, many of the generative scenes (like game of life) can be used without ever interacting with grid at all.

1 Like

@jnoble - SCENE.G added, give it a try! new beta posted here: Teletype 3.+ feature requests and discussion

1 Like

Thanks, will have a look at the game of life, might answer all my questions!!

Related to my original question and the SCENE.G feature: Will the grid be wiped when loading a scene? Any way to keep the grid?

:heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

I’ll try to give it a spin this weekend, this is amazing news!!

1 Like

for grid controls there are 2 things:

• the definition: size / placement / brightness / assigned scripts
  • the state: pressed/released for buttons, value for faders

loading a scene from USB or flash will update both. loading a scene using SCENE op will update states but will keep definitions (if you want to reset them you can just execute G.RST). the newly added SCENE.G op will keep both definitions and states.

1 Like

did you have a chance to test SCENE.G?

1 Like

Nyet, I had a live set last week and didn’t want to disturb anything. The time after that has been consumed by Life™, but I’ll try my best to take a crack at it in the next couple of days. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Well that took a while!

It works!! This frees up 3 whole scripts for one of my performance scenes. I can’t thank you enough, this really opens up a lot of possibilities. :slight_smile: