half hidden: many portals (fri-sat all september)

our secret building in upstate NY will be open in september, showing visual art and hosting durational music performances.

half hidden: many portals

if you’re near, please come see and hear and say hello.

if you’re far, we’ll be streaming on saturdays. we’re each playing 7 hour sets (except the 18th) and we’ll attempt some mobile-camera touring of the art and architecture and plants.

atrium music by @Galapagoose @stripes @shellfritsch @dan_derks @kelli_cain @tehn

124 Likes

This looks like a beautiful thing in a beautiful space.

7 Likes

beautiful description on the website. also, great photography!! would love to swing by if it wasn’t on the other side of the planet. :upside_down_face:

3 Likes

congrats!! i’ll look forward to the stream!

2 Likes

Thanks for sharing @tehn, I’ll be looking forward to this.

2 Likes

does 12 hours count as near ? what mushrooms must be foraged for tickets ?

8 Likes

looks grand. I shall try to drop in via a stream.

2 Likes

I’m suddenly not a crazy driving distance, would love to attend in person if I can figure out the timing.

3 Likes

nice! the husband and i are hoping to drive up on the 18th. will be lovely to put some persons to the interactions i’ve/we’ve had with you all here.

5 Likes

approximate travel time in hours

origin walk bike drive
hudson, ny 23 6 1.5
troy, ny 28 8 2
ithaca, ny 32 9 2
brooklyn, ny 51 17 3
philadelphia, pa 64 20 4
providence, ri 71 21 4
montreal, qc 92 26 5
mesa verde, co 672 187 32
lost coast, ca 944 259 46
22 Likes

Sounds like a really awesome place, I’d greatly enjoy (and likely benefit) from getting lost in the library.

3 Likes

just extend the backpacking trip a tiny bit

6 Likes

so just to be clear, people can just drop in and out unannounced? also, any covid protocols or anything in place? :slight_smile:

2 Likes

From Boston to Delhi
253 miles

Walk 3 days
Bike 1 day
Drive 4h 38m

Per Google Maps

1 Like

253 miles in 3 days?! Even the Roman army could only manage 20 miles in a day!

Anyway, I’d better set out if I’m going to swim the Atlantic in time for tomorrow…
:wavy_dash: dives into the Thames, splashes around, sinks quietly… :wavy_dash:

5 Likes

Good point.

Hmmm, Google Maps?!?

1 Like

yes absolutely, drop in and out.

the space is large and airy— we are out of the way and don’t expect large crowds. masks required. :rainbow:

14 Likes

maybe i’ll wait to say more until after todays inaugural show but…this idea is so wonderfully compelling!

to hear long form performances from this circle of friends is exciting and the duration almost stunned into silence when i first read it (how do you even approach that?!)

congrats on completing the space and inviting us to enjoy the inspiration from afar :smiley:

have fun!

8 Likes

would reeeeally love to be there! sounds like a fantastic little event. will look out for the streaming option

2 Likes

so so stoked by the energy in this thread! excited to see closeby and far away friends, at this and all the gatherings to come :slight_smile:

half hidden is streaming now!! @tehn on the tunes, @kelli_cain guiding us thru the space

24 Likes