Hawthonn - Earth Mirror

Another one I mastered that I think LINES folks might enjoy. This is the latest album from my good friends Hawthonn (Phil & Layla Legard), and is their best yet, in my opinion. Coil/NWW/Psych Folk influenced. The sound design is amazing. It came out a few weeks ago. I had some audio gremlins in the mastering studio at the time, so we went for an all in the box master in the end. BC lossless downloads are my 24/96 masters:

The album got Album of the Week in The Quietus a few weeks back, and made their Best Of 2021 list a couple of days ago. There’s also a nice interview with them here:

5 Likes

Listening now. Really enjoying it.

1 Like

Thanks, it’s a really nice one to put on low with incense and candles etc. :slight_smile:

1 Like

HA! My friend Arvo is responsible for “No Part of It!” I really enjoy this band but wasn’t aware they had a new album coming out, I’m really excited to give it a listen. It’s cool to know it was mastered by someone on the forum!

1 Like

Bit of a fan of this kind of thing. Loving the record so far. Nice work and thanks for introducing me to something I would not have found on my own.

2 Likes

We also have a project together called Sulis Noctis you may possibly dig then, on the more Folky side of things, I’m mostly guitar/mix/master on these:

2 Likes

Nice, haven’t checked this new one out yet. Will have a gander at your collaboration also.
They played at the ending ceremony of an exhibition my partner was involved with towards the end of 2019, good gig. They even covered a Coil track!

1 Like

Excellent! Yeah, I mastered their recorded version of Fire of the Mind:

I got to hang with them before their gig at The Horse Hospital in London, early 2019 I think, after Phil’s talk with Amy Hale on fascist entryism into underground musical/occult subcultures etc., organised by Strange Attractor Press. Twas a good night!

2 Likes