Help: Ansible and Teletype problem with pitch tracking

For a while now I’ve been struggling with keeping things in tune on the modular. I had thought it was an issue with my analog oscillators, so I switched to digital ones (including two Plaits, which I love). But still I’ve been finding things go out in different octaves - I only usually get about an octave or two usable range. Now I’m trying to do more polyphonic stuff and performing live with other musicians it’s turning into a serious problem, so I thought I’d systematically try and figure out what on earth is going on.

To my surprise I’ve discovered the issues is with my pitch CV sources, which are an Ansible and a Teletype. Both turn out to have pretty significant tracking issues, which even differ across the four CV outputs within each module. Over four octaves, the difference is about half a semitone across the output jacks. To be clear: for higher pitches, the modules are not only out of tune with each other, but also with themselves. Is there some calibration procedure I’m missing, or have I been unlucky with faulty hardware? I’m a bit devastated, because in all other respects these two modules are a dream come true musically!

(In case it’s relevant, as far as I know, my Teletype is not the latest version of the hardware.)

Thanks in advance for any help.

5 posts were merged into an existing topic: (Re)calibrating ansible CV voltage output